Author Topic: Round 2...any suggestions??  (Read 5818 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Round 2...any suggestions??
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2008, 05:25:13 am »
Hi Deb:

I have to agree with Steve. I'm at the same point as you (now pushing 23 mos post-CK). I had a BIG pow-wow with my CK team last Monday (as well as my hearing test and met with my brain surgeon).  Like you, I was hoping to see more change in its physical appearance on the MRI pics and was concerned that it was showing contrast uptake.... but, in talking to my CK team, as well as my back up brain surgeon (she's in the wings should CK not work and is also treating my Chiari 1), all concurred that by staying stable in size, my hearing remains in tact (my ultimate goal in choosing CK), they feel the core death is or has occurred. 

As radio-treatment patients, to me, the hard part is (and all dr's noted it to me last week) that unless you go in and cut it out, no one can ever be 100% sure that it is dead.  Over time and wtih MRI's, if no growth is present (keep in mind the margin of error of head MRI's of approx 2mm), as long as it's not growing, we are in good shape.  All of our MRI's, post radio, all show different "views" of our AN's.... some have darkened centers, some seem gray or irregular shaped, etc.... but the key is no growth.......

Like you, I'll have my next MRI in August (at that point, 26 months post-CK) and I have a feeling both of us are going to be happy with our next MRI's/follow ups. Keep your chin up.  We knew going into any radio-treatment is that the "waiting" for tumor death is the most nerve wracking part of it.... so be strong, hang tough... we're here to help you through it.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"