Author Topic: Has anyone's AN Tumor reduced in size over time?  (Read 4207 times)

Neversurrender

Has anyone's AN Tumor reduced in size over time?
« on: February 21, 2016, 03:26:14 pm »
Hi All,

I'm based in the UK, 36 years old and got AN diagnosed in Apr 2015 of size 1.2 cm with slight dizziness but strong tinnitus in left ear and 40% hearing lost on some frequencies. My first scan after 6 months revealed Tumor size has reduced by 10% , however tinnitus is same. Next scan is after an year by end of 2016 and w&w until then.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar ? If yes , can you tell if your tinnitus got reduced and hearing improved?

I'm also wondering if anyone's Tumor dissapeared altogether during w&w?

Cheers

Nav

Derek

Re: Has anyone's AN Tumor reduced in size over time?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2016, 04:18:56 am »
Hi All,

I'm based in the UK, 36 years old and got AN diagnosed in Apr 2015 of size 1.2 cm with slight dizziness but strong tinnitus in left ear and 40% hearing lost on some frequencies. My first scan after 6 months revealed Tumor size has reduced by 10% , however tinnitus is same. Next scan is after an year by end of 2016 and w&w until then.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced similar ? If yes , can you tell if your tinnitus got reduced and hearing improved?

I'm also wondering if anyone's Tumor dissapeared altogether during w&w?

Cheers

Nav

Hi there Nav...

I'm also UK based and was diagnosed in 2002 at 57 years of age with a 2.5cm right side AN. Albeit I was advised to have early microsurgery I carried out a lot of research and decided to go the conservative management route (w & w).

Over the ensuing years my AN has self reduced to the present 1.3cm and with the exception of total hearing loss on the affected side, all other symptoms have abated including tinnitus.

Now approaching my 72nd birthday I have had no regrets whatsoever relevant to my decision to stay with w & w and you may be interested in reading the many posts in the 'Top Tips for the Watch & Wait Brigade' thread on this forum which I started in 2007.

Best Regards

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

keithmac

Re: Has anyone's AN Tumor reduced in size over time?
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2016, 01:30:40 am »
Those are great outcomes, guys!  I live in NG19.

I'll be pleased if I learn after my next scheduled MRI in May that my tumour hasn't grown.  I'd be delighted to learn that it had shrunk!

It seems, though, that our consequent hearing loss and tinnitus will remain with us.