Author Topic: Individual Eye Drops  (Read 5067 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
Individual Eye Drops
« on: August 04, 2008, 08:56:49 am »
At the risk of looking like a dork I thought I would let you know my new discovery...
I am using Celluvisc and Refresh Naturale Free individual eye drops and I did not know that once you pop the top off you can press it back on again. Anything that I do not use I throw out at the end of the day - I am using them lots but now I don't try to use the whole vial at once.

Nancy I found Bion Tears at Walmart and at Costco - I live in Canada but it is worth a try for you.They are 2$ cheaper at Costco although Refresh Lacilube is 2$ cheaper at Walmart - I have spent a mint on my dumb eye. Oh one more thing Nancy - you know those foam rings for your tranquileyes? Well I took one and put in on my sunglasses and man it works great!!
I cannot use the tranquileyes they way they describe it but am going to try it without the center and dry. I will try just to put the lube in and tape and try it that way - I will let you know how it goes.
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: Individual Eye Drops
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 09:08:50 am »
Good reminder!  I had been using the "single use" drops for a week or so when a friend casually informed me that you can snap the tab back on, hence making them "multi-use!"  Thanks for reminding everyone about this.  And, no, you're not a dork (or if you are, then so am I!)

Debbi, snapping the tops back on...
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

lori67

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 09:31:34 am »
Ok, I'm a dork too.  18 months after the fact, and I still didn't know you could put the top back on.   :-[

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 01:02:57 pm »
I don't use them anymore, but I never knew that!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 03:48:34 pm »
I didn't know that either....when I tried Celluvisc, I'd put the leftover drop in my good eye !
Thanks for the tip on where to buy Bion Tears - Walmart for me !     Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Dana

• Hi!
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 04:14:00 pm »
Just "shows to go you" that there's never a 'dumb' factoid or question here!  I've been using Refresh Celluvisc -- for ANOTHER eye condition I have (... called...ready?... Map Dot Fingerprint Corneal Dystrophy where the gloop that holds the cornea on the eyeball doesn't stay evenly distributed).  My doctor told me I could snap the cap back on and get 2 night's use from one little container.  A good thing, given the expensiveness.

Another simple thing that another doctor once said to me, that's really stuck with me:  ALWAYS read the bottle before putting ANYTHING in your eye, even if you're sure it's your eyedrops.  Just a simple smart thing to do, I thought.

Dana

1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

sgerrard

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 10:32:57 pm »
I've been using Refresh Celluvisc -- for ANOTHER eye condition I have (... called...ready?... Map Dot Fingerprint Corneal Dystrophy

What kind of name is that? Well Google has something to say about it (I guess it is eMedicine really): "Corneal map-dot-fingerprint dystrophy also is known as epithelial basement membrane dystrophy, and Cogan microcystic epithelial dystrophy." Oh, that kind of dystrophy. Apparently, along with dots and fingerprints, you can also sometimes get blebs. Do they just making this stuff up as they go?

Thanks for sharing, Dana. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

Dana

• Hi!
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 11:01:11 pm »
I told you it was a real thing !!!  I've had medical professionals say, "WHAT?" !!!
Cheers,
Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

lori67

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 10:02:19 am »
Dana,

I would be willing to bet you get some confused stares when you tell people about your eye condition!  They probably think you're making it up!   :D

Seems like most non-eye professionals don't know much about eye stuff - when I told a nurse at my pre-op appointment for my BAHA that I'd had a lateral tarsorrhaphy - she just looked at me and said "Ok...so what part of the body does that even involve??".  She said if she didn't know any better, she'd think I'd just opened the medical dictionary and picked out the most obscure things to say I've had just to confuse her!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2008, 08:31:06 pm »
Just "shows to go you" that there's never a 'dumb' factoid or question here!  Dana

You are sooooo right.  I didn't know it at the time either....
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/