Author Topic: ANA NE Discussion Forum Brunch -- WITH apple dumplins! Sunday, April 18, 2010  (Read 34368 times)

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
I'm so jealous!!!  Having said that I went and had a massive scone with loads of clotted cream in Cambridge on Sunday and none of you were there so ha!  I want some dumplings though.  mmm.  Have fun people!!!

You mean our pub crawl wasn't enough?  I know, I had a cold and Dave had an aneurysm and lemon-sized clot, so we retired after two pubs, but I thought it was pretty cool to meet you.
I could just eat clotted cream without the scone.  Where's my spoon?
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Paul, B&N at 11am is fine.... as it stands now, yes, bloke coming too!

Ernie, so sorry to hear Isabel can't come but will be thrilled to FINALLY meet you!  Geesh, Rays in town during your visit?  So, since you will be on Sox turf, who you cheering on, eh? ;)

I also got word that hevreh may be joining again (sans wife).  Jane, I understand that you spoke to him.... he'll keep me updated.

Attendees

Phyl/da bloke
epc1979/Erin and Mom
Jim Scott/Tina
NancyMc/Dave N
LisaP
elliemae/elaine
MLB/GrammyMary
kbonner/Katie
SML/Scarlett and Rich (with hugglez!)
jcinma/Jane
YogaSue (congrats! Congrats!)
JoeF
gingerbread6/Marie
LynnMc/spouse?
lholl36233/Laura and Mom Jean
KMacDonald/Kathy and Bob
EJTampa/Ernie
tsl/Theresa
JulieAnne Maxwell (any relation to the restaurant?  )/husband
crazykat-rocker-dood/Paul

(possibles)

michelle d.
Lizard/Liz and husband
hevreh
« Last Edit: March 29, 2010, 05:34:06 am by ppearl214 »
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
I'll be there Phyl!
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

ppearl214

• Administrator
I'll be there Phyl!

see ya there

Ok, folks...... 3 wks until brunch.... anyone else want in? anyone coming to town?  If so, please bring water wings.... we're still swimming and fishing in our basement.....

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Lizard

I'm 99% sure my husband(kevin) and I will be there.  I can't wait to meet everyone!
Left AN 2.5CM,retrosigmoid 11/2008, second surgery to repair CSF leak. 
Headaches began immediately.  Dr. Ducic occipital nerve resection, December 2011!!!!!

"When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on"
-Franklin D. Roosevelt

michelle d.

oh yeah! ..it looks like i`ll be able to come to the april 18th brunch!! please, if it`s not too late, ? count us in! (my husband brad will be coming with me) so excited!  :)    -michelle d.
Acoustic Neuroma on right side--removed Nov. 13th, 2009 @ Strong Hospital, Rochester, NY....Translab.   50 years old

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
I still haven't completely decided what to do about Audrey.  It'd be less work for me if I don't bring her, and I'd have more trouble talking to people if she's there, but she's also a lot of fun.   ;D 

What's the consensus about bringing an active 1 year old?  Too noisy?  Entertaining side show?  Hmmmm.... 

(I promise not to be hurt if anyone wants me to leave her home.)

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
What's the consensus about bringing an active 1 year old?  Too noisy?  Entertaining side show?  Hmmmm....
(I promise not to be hurt if anyone wants me to leave her home.)

Katie ~

I'll take you at your word and offer my opinion that you not bring an 'active 1-year-old' to the brunch.  I'm sure Audrey is a delightful child that many of us would enjoy seeing but the crush of dozens of strangers in an unfamiliar setting might upset her.  I'm sure you'll get more out of the few hours we'll have (as a group) if you don't have the responsibility of caring for your daughter during that time, which, as you know, goes by quickly.  Just one opinion - which is not even close to being a consensus.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

ppearl214

• Administrator
Ok, Liz... noted :)
Michelle... noted as well :)

Katie, I trust your judgement........ :)  :-*

DEADLINE FOR RSVP!  FRIDAY, APRIL 9

I have to travel for work week of April 12 and will need to give the restaurant final headcount by Friday, April 9.  One and all, please final confirm! Can't wait to see everyone!

Phyl

Attendees

Phyl/da bloke
epc1979/Erin and Mom
Jim Scott/Tina
NancyMc/Dave N
LisaP
elliemae/elaine
MLB/GrammyMary
kbonner/Katie
jcinma/Jane
JoeF
gingerbread6/Marie
LynnMc/spouse?
KMacDonald/Kathy and Bob
EJTampa/Ernie
tsl/Theresa
JulieAnne Maxwell (any relation to the restaurant?  )/husband
Lizard/Liz and husband Kevin
michelle d./husband Brad

(possibles)
hevreh

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Katie ~

I'll take you at your word and offer my opinion that you not bring an 'active 1-year-old' to the brunch.  I'm sure Audrey is a delightful child that many of us would enjoy seeing but the crush of dozens of strangers in an unfamiliar setting might upset her.  I'm sure you'll get more out of the few hours we'll have (as a group) if you don't have the responsibility of caring for your daughter during that time, which, as you know, goes by quickly.  Just one opinion - which is not even close to being a consensus.

Jim

Thank you for taking me at my word!   ;D  I'm not in the least bit upset.  And I think I agree with you - if she came, I'd be spending all my time managing her (since I'm not one to let my young kids be unsupervised) and be unable to talk to people.  So, everyone will have to make do with photos instead.  :-)

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

LisaP

Phyl,

Wow, what a great list, can't wait to see everyone, we are growing and growing, (no joke intended).  Thanks again for organizing the event again.

Jane,  call me when the date gets closer. Talk soon.

LisaP ;D
LisaP
AN at 12mm by 7mm by 7mm,  shown no growth as of September 26, 2013, 5.5 years into this journey.  Next MRI 2015. Doctors: Mason and McKenna.  Continue to W&W

ppearl214

• Administrator
we had a casualty!  gingerbread/marie can't join us..... :(  She wants me to deliver hugglez to Jim/Tina and Erin......and will do so. My pleasure.

Lisa, you are certainly correct.... and to think, the first brunch, there was only 6-8 of us :)  Glad to see so many enjoy the brunches!

DEADLINE FOR RSVP!  FRIDAY, APRIL 9

I have to travel for work week of April 12 and will need to give the restaurant final headcount by Friday, April 9.  One and all, please final confirm! Can't wait to see everyone!

Phyl

Attendees

Phyl/da bloke
epc1979/Erin and Mom
Jim Scott/Tina
NancyMc/Dave N
LisaP
elliemae/elaine
MLB/GrammyMary
kbonner/Katie
jcinma/Jane
JoeF
LynnMc/spouse?
KMacDonald/Kathy and Bob
EJTampa/Ernie
JulieAnne Maxwell (any relation to the restaurant?  )/husband
Lizard/Liz and husband Kevin
michelle d./husband Brad

(possibles)
hevreh
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 01:09:31 pm by ppearl214 »

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
Ernie, so sorry to hear Isabel can't come but will be thrilled to FINALLY meet you!  Geesh, Rays in town during your visit?  So, since you will be on Sox turf, who you cheering on, eh? ;)

Hey Phyl,

I have tickets to the Monday game (11:05).  It will be a mad house that day in Boston! 

Ernie

P.S. > I cheer on the Red Sox regardless of where I am!
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

ppearl214

• Administrator
Hey Phyl,

I have tickets to the Monday game (11:05).  It will be a mad house that day in Boston! 

Ernie

P.S. > I cheer on the Red Sox regardless of where I am!

J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Also Boston Marathon Monday, if my old age memory is correct! Yep, mad house in Kenmore Square sounds about right! :)    See you in Worcester on Sunday!

Ok, anyone else?  Any last minute takers before I call in headcount?

Phyl

ppearl214

• Administrator
Ok, official deadline!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyl