Author Topic: No Processor Today  (Read 5559 times)

Catflower

No Processor Today
« on: June 27, 2008, 07:51:08 pm »
I didn't get my processor today after all.  When they rescheduled my appointment the didn't schedule me with the audiologist, just the surgeon who did my implant.  Now I'm scheduled with the audiologist for July 2nd.  I'm not too disappointed since that's just a few days away.

Linda

oHIo

Re: No Processor Today
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2008, 08:19:15 pm »
Glad to hear they aren't going to make you wait forever.  Still disappointing to get there and find out what you expected to happen won't.

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2008, 09:25:17 pm »
Catflower~
Sorry you didn't get it today, but you are right - the 2nd is not too far away!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2008, 10:32:18 pm »
Linda,
Sorry you didn't get your processor today but July 2 is right around the corner so look at this as just a little bump in the road.  I'm looking forward to seeing how you like your processor.  I have BAHA envy so I am living vicariiously through those of you who are getting them right now.  I haven't even had my AN surgery yet (it's scheduled for Jyuly 25).  If everything goes well I still won't have a BAHA implant until at least November and won't have the processor until at least next March.  I really dislike being SSD which I  basically am now since the hearing I have does me no good at approximately 25 - 30% speech discrimination, which since it went down again is where I'm approximating it is.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2008, 10:46:18 pm »
Linda -

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the processor today - I was already imagining you learning how to "rock it on" and "pop it off".  But as the others said, July 2nd isn't too far away at all.  You've come this far, what's a few more days?  :)

On the bright side, when I first saw the subject line I thought "Oh, no!  Linda's doc said the BAHA site hasn't healed enough yet!"  I'm glad to see I was wrong  ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Catflower

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 07:54:45 am »
Linda -

I'm sorry to hear you didn't get the processor today - I was already imagining you learning how to "rock it on" and "pop it off".  But as the others said, July 2nd isn't too far away at all.  You've come this far, what's a few more days?  :)

On the bright side, when I first saw the subject line I thought "Oh, no!  Linda's doc said the BAHA site hasn't healed enough yet!"  I'm glad to see I was wrong  ;D

Jan

Actually my site looks so good that the doctor some pictures to use for teaching purposes.  Wow, I never pictured myself as a model.  Maybe I'll make the cover of BAHA Illustrated (ROTFL)

Linda

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 08:56:08 am »
Wow, Linda, that is amazing!

We have a celebrity in our midst  ;D

BAHA Illustrated - not a bad idea that  ;)

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2008, 09:59:48 am »
Linda,

Maybe we'll be in the same book!  My audiologist took pictures of my site too!  Of course he was going to use it to show surgeons that the abuttment really should be further forward toward the ear than mine is.  I'm sure I'll be one of those models with the black box over my eyes with a big "Don't", but hey, it's a chance to be a model, right? 

Anyway, your BAHA will be worth the extra few days wait! 

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2008, 10:10:14 am »
Uh, guys.  I'm feeling a little left out here  :(

Neither my doc or my audiologist took any pictures of my site.  Guess I'm just not a good BAHA poster child  :'(

Now I'm really glad that I posted my pics on the forum for everyone to see.  It almost makes me feel as important as you  ;)

Jan

Oh, and Lori - why didn't your doc just rectify that little "situation" and move your fixture forward? LOL

lori67

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 10:39:01 am »
I think he must have left his cordless screwdriver at home that day, and try as he might, he just couldn't get the thing to budge with a regular Phillips head screwdriver.

Who knows, something about putting into the bone, instead of just poking it directly into my new "soft spot".  Picky, picky...
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

wendysig

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 06:07:13 pm »
linda -
Tomorrow is your big dat I thnk.  Ill be watching for your post to see how you like your BAHA once you have your processor.  Good luck!!  Sendinh you happy thoughts!!!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Catflower

« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 06:59:17 pm »
Wendy:  Thanks for the happy thoughts. 

Linda

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 08:17:26 pm »
Linda -

happy thoughts from me, too  :D

Good luck tomorrow!!

Here's to your new blue Cochlear toothbrush!

Jan

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 01:20:41 pm »
Linda -

I know it's still fairly early in the day, but I'm anxiously awaiting news!  ;D

Jan

Catflower

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 02:25:35 pm »
Linda -

I know it's still fairly early in the day, but I'm anxiously awaiting news!  ;D

Jan

I got the processor.  Now it will just be a matter of tweeking it to my needs.  The best thing is that they included a backup in the cost that was being billed to the insurance so I have two BAHA's.  I was in total shock when the audiologist told me.  If anyone who is anticipating getting the BAHA and lives within reasonable traveling distance to West Virginia University it may just be worth it.  My doctor is Wetmore for anyone who is interested.

Thanks to everyone for their happy thoughts.

I'm sure I'm going to have questions for you veteran BAHA users so stay tuned (no pun intended).

Linda