Author Topic: Got the Punctual Plug...thanks AN boards  (Read 2337 times)

Pembo

Got the Punctual Plug...thanks AN boards
« on: April 24, 2006, 10:12:36 am »
After reading about the Punctual plug I called my eye doc and talked to him about it. He said it would be a good option that he never recommended because my cornea looked good. Even though I've been whining to him sice the beginning about using lacrilube non-stop and not being able to wear contacts. grr

Friday I went in and he put in a temporary plug. It is not a miracle cure but I didn't need the lube anywhere near as often and I really noticed how moist my eye was first thing the morning. Today I went back for the permenant plug.

I asked the doc about Restasis (again something I learned here on the boards). He said he has good results with it. I'm not sure why he never recommended it for me. He wants me to continue without Restasis for a few months to get a good idea how well the plug is working. Then this summer we can add Restasis if I need it.

He said I may be back in contacts this summer. Woo-hoo!!! After almost 2 years of glasses, I can't wait.

Thank you to the AN Boards and the people who talk about their different treatments. If only the docs would read here too........
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Got the Punctual Plug...thanks AN boards
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2006, 07:02:34 pm »
Pembo!
Fab news! I'm so glad this is working out for you! So, you gonna get colored contacts or clear? :)

xoxo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 06:42:32 am »
Purple...Pembo needs purple contacts.   ;D

Glad things are going well...keep us updated!  I don't know why my ENT didn't have a brochure to give me from the ana or something to tell me what I had an options..he just flung me to the wolves  lol

Pembo

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 07:20:29 am »
Count me in with the wolves too batty!!!!

Purple contacts?! Wow, that would be a change. I'd be happy for just clear, but I'd really be happy with blue eyes but I'd be ecstatic with LASIK and no contacts or glasses!!! My eye doc, who is a cutie by the way, said no Lasik.... :(

Girls, have I told you about me eye doc???? He is a hottie-as far as docs go. I saw him when I was in rehab and my rehab doc even commented on him. She said and I quote "There aren't too many cute docs out there". ROFL ;D
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

Battyp

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2006, 07:48:07 am »
We like hottie doctors who are smart...gives us something fun to look at and good advice too!  WHOO HOOO

Pembo

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2006, 01:37:33 pm »
No batty I didn't say he was smart just a hottie........... ;D

luv2teachsped

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2006, 06:56:59 pm »
Pembo and Batty:  Just to let you know you gave me a good laugh today. I think it's the first time I've laughed all day.  Very bad day at school plus my degenerative disk disease has flared up again.Whine.....Yes, I'd love some cheese to go with it.  If only I had the Wine. :'(luv2teach
3cmx3cm/translab 5/05
University of Michigan
Dr.Telian and Dr.Thompson

BAHA implant-4/07, processor on 8/07

Battyp

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 07:13:10 pm »
Heck, I knew it was too good to be true  LOL   :(