Author Topic: Chirp, chirp!  (Read 2994 times)

krbonner

• www.facebook.com/krbonner, bunnums on Twitter
Chirp, chirp!
« on: August 27, 2006, 08:50:05 pm »
I'm scheduled for surgery in a bit over two weeks (need to call tomorrow to confirm that!), and I find that I've been unconsciously nesting for the last couple of weeks!  Stocking easy meals in the freezer, organizing the kids' fall clothes, getting through those niggly little to-do lists, cleaning places that haven't been cleaned in a long long long time...

Interesting phenomenon!  It makes sense I guess.  Anyone else do this?

Katie
diagnosed June 2005
2.3cmx1.6cmx1.4cm left AN
translab Sept 13, 2006; Drs. McKenna and Barker in MA (MEEI/MGH)

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: Chirp, chirp!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2006, 09:10:41 pm »
Yes, I did the same thing before the birth of each of my kids and then again when I had n=my hysterectomy. But it was different when I had my AN surgery. I was way more intensely nesting, as I didn't really know how long I'd be laid up.  And I was getting things in order I never had thought about before.  ALl will go well. Will be thinking of you.
Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Survival Nate

• TravAddic
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2006, 09:51:49 pm »
LOL The day I had my MRI and found the AN, are started cleaning for the next 12 hours the I was in the Hospital when I got home the house was wreck I would have swore I cleaned it lol  ;D
at age 21yo
AN 5.05cm removed Feb 2005
Gamma Knifed July 2005
at age 31yo
AN regrowth @ 1.5cm - 2014
Pituitary Gland tumor 2mm
https://www.travaddic.com/

matti

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 10:49:17 pm »
Hi Katie - I did the nesting thing as well, and more so with my AN surgery, than with the birth of my boys.  It also helped keep my mind busy so I wasn't so focused on my surgery.

Hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Sefra22

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2006, 05:12:36 am »
My surgery isn't for months, but already I have been cleaning out closets and cabinets.  I also redecorated my kitchen and bedroom right after my diagnosis.  I plan to update my living room next month. I do have a plan in place for the days before my surgery to make sure everything is clean and organized ahead of time. For me, I know I will be more relaxed when I get home if everything looks nice.
Lisa from Portland, Maine age 46
Diagnosed June 2006
15mm X 17mm AN right side 80% hearing loss
GK March 14,2007 Dr. Noren, Providence RI
1 Year follow-up MRI shows "slight shrinkage".
2 Year follow-up MRI shows "No Change".
3 Year follow-up MRI "stable".
BAHA surgery 4-22-09 BP100 Sept. 2009

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2006, 06:38:49 am »
The time period between my diagnosis and surgery is a blur. 2 months. I don't remember what I did, but I know I couldn't work!. I didn't come home for 2 months-- I "rehabbed" in California and then Florida. When I came home every horizontal surface in the house was piled with a heap of Dr. Loves "stuff", but the floors were spotless!  Good physical therapy "de-crapping" all those pack-rat droppings. Hey, I love the guy!

Capt Deb
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2006, 07:22:14 am »
Yep I reorganized my house, cleaned like you said in places that hadn't been cleaned in a while.  I remember my mom showing up to take me to tampa and I left her waiting in the car trying to finish up.  She finally came and got me and said I'd be late for surgery so I had to leave now.  I think she started reaching to tug me by my ear  LOL  If you run out of house you can come over and do mine  :-*

Patti

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2006, 07:29:59 am »
The nesting urges were huge.  Cabinets, closets, moving furniture, buying furniture, lists of what the kids eat, it was crazy but I couldn't be stopped.  Fortunately no one tried to stop me.  Everyone just went along with me.  Patti
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

Jeanlea

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2006, 12:09:09 pm »
I cleaned out my back porch that looked like a rat's nest.  I didn't want anyone coming to see me and seeing that.  I also organized the rest of the house.  The weekend before my surgery we went grocery shopping so my kids would have food.  I figured I wouldn't have that much energy when I got home so I got things done before.  Even did a little painting.  My mom had all the trim in my house finished so I stained all of that beforehand.  It was good I did all that before.  Even getting dressed was a challenge my first week home.  :-)

Jean
translab on 3.5+ cm tumor
September 6, 2005
Drs. Friedland and Meyer
Milwaukee, WI
left-side facial paralysis and numbness
TransEar for SSD