Author Topic: Josh Hager's progress  (Read 2270 times)

jw

Josh Hager's progress
« on: November 10, 2005, 10:58:02 am »
Hi, All.  I did a 'cut and paste' from Josh's site on www.carepages.com  Sounds like he's doing well.  The did have to move his brain Sarah during surgery (Sarah Bellum) and say that he may experience headaches afterwards.  Hopefully they remembered to put her back in her priginal place!]

4  November 09, 2005 at 07:51 PM PST

The patient continues to do remarkably well - overacheiever that he is! Josh was moved into a regular room tonight. While he's glad to be out of the ICU, next up is a shared room and hospital food - these are the trade offs. He ate a little this morning and the physical therapist had him walking the halls. He may actually be relesased on Thursday, incredible but true. I think once he's off the really good painkillers and has to move around the house he might be feeling a little worse, but right now he's ready to get out! Jack and Alex were able to visit him this afternoon and they were a little afraid to get to close to daddy's boo-boo, but glad to see he was alright.
Sam

3  November 08, 2005 at 08:59 PM PST

Hello all! Josh continues to do very well. He was feeling much less nauseous today and able to keep down some liquids. The physical and occupational therapists both visited him today to test his gross and fine motor skills. He seems to have no major visual or balance problems. He is still in the neuro-ICU tonight but will hopefully be moved to a regular room tomorrow. Color is back in his face and he wanted to know the score of the Monday Night Football game he missed. Thank you all for your prayers and wishes, we have much to be thankful for!
Sam

2  November 07, 2005 at 07:19 PM PST

Good evening all! Just returned from the hospital and all has gone well so far. The surgery took about 5 1/2 hours and the neurosurgeon felt confident they had removed the whole tumor without damaging the facial nerve. YAY! Josh was understandably groggy afterwards but was able to talk for short amounts of time (like anything could stop him!) He's in the neuro-ICU tonight, but we hope his recovery will continue to go as smoothly as everything has so far. They did need to move his cerebellum during the operation, so the surgeon cautioned us that he would have headaches for a while. Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. When we went to the hospital this morning Josh said he felt like people all over the place were praying for him. We are very grateful.
Sam
Diagnosed 31 Oct 2005
Bilateral 0 cm ANs.

jw

Re: Josh Hager's progress
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2005, 09:31:34 pm »
Josh is now home!!!  Good going, Josh!

I'm sure he'll be on here to update us all as soon as he can!
Diagnosed 31 Oct 2005
Bilateral 0 cm ANs.

Mary

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2005, 08:44:44 am »
Please tell Josh I'm so glad he's home.   Mom and I get to leave on Monday.   Oh, That's tomorrow.   Tell him to email me as soon as he is feeling better.

Mary

russ

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 06:11:59 pm »
 Hi JW!
  How is Sarah Bellum then? She home too? - smile -
  Glad to here Josh is coming along well!
  Russ