Author Topic: 3 yrs Post-CK and thriving!  (Read 10321 times)

anissa

• My Journey
Re: 3 yrs Post-CK and thriving!
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 10:29:29 am »
Phyl, congrats on a great 3-yr. post CK checkup, wonderful news!  I haven't been here a long time but long enough to say this place wouldn't be the same without you!
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"

FlyersFan68

« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2009, 08:10:01 am »
Great News! Even though we have disconnected ourselves with our "intruder" we will forever be connected to those here on this board. We may not have all walked the same path but we're all in the same park. It's nice knowing that people not only get one response today but oftentimes many more.  :)

Sheryl

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2009, 06:12:49 pm »
You're wonderful on the board and on the phone but even better in person!!!  Larry and I (spouses both with brain tumors) thank you for always being there and we are so happy to hear about your third anniversary.  Brunch April 19th???!!!  Geez we snowbirds fly back on April 21st - we'll try to bring the warm weather with us.
Sheryl  :-*
9th cranial nerve schwannoma - like an acoustic neuroma on another nerve. Have recently been told it could be acoustic neuroma. Only 7 mm of growth in 18 years. With no symptoms. Continuing W&W

Dealy

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2009, 09:16:40 am »
Phyl- You were always one of my steady ROCKS when I was dealing with my AN and Radiation. I am so happy and glad to hear and read about your success. I am also coming up to 3 years in July. I still do not regret my  decision no matter what the outcome. The only thing I miss is my hearing and I still have days where my face burns and the fullness. Realize I am not complaining just the facts. I do not post on this site like I used too. I guess like youi- I just want to get on with my life and forget of ever having another AN in my life. However- I"m afraid being an NF2 that might be alot to ask. Anyway Phyl- I will always consider you one of my friends from this site even though we may never meet face to face. You always showed compasion and caring with my e-mails. God Bless You for the person that you are. We have a lady at work that every day I see her she smiles and says Hi and waves-always so friendly. I told her she was a breath of fresh air in this life. Most people act as if they could care less about other's etc. Phyl-you are that Breath of Fresh air in one's life. Thanks Forever-Ron.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2009, 09:28:15 am »
-Mickey: thank you! Truly! That means a lot to me! :)
-anissa, my new AN/CM1 sista in life..... so glad to have you here and wellness wishes right back atcha! Hang tough!
-Flyer'sFan... oh, you know how I feel and and we all walk that walk together!  I'm right there with you! :)
-My snowbirds! Gah! You are coming home JUST after another one of the brunches! BAH!  Will see what we can do to check on you and that lovely spouse of your's. You KNOW I'm sending the wellness wishes and hoping my CK team gives you all the same results as me... "done deal". Keeping all appendages crossed for that news! xoxoxo
-Ron... oy.. what do I say?  I can't believe its almost 3 yrs for you as well!  A long road, eh? I'm so glad you pop up here from time to time and say "hi". You are sorely missed! You hang in there and I thank you for that "breath of fresh air"... honestly, I'm blushing... thank you.

I thank everyone for the well wishes and nice words.  Like I said before... if it weren't for you all... my job around here would just be a job... you all make it a great job! I thank you!

Humbled... truly.
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2009, 10:05:19 am »
Phyl~
OK - HOW did I miss this??  maybe being sick for a week and then going out of town had something to do with it!?  CONGRATULATIONS on your 3 year Anniversary!  You stated so beautifully exactly what this Forum means.  Just like you...I don't "NEED" this - & I'm sure Dave would say I spend too much time on here - but I want to try to help others.  However, I could never do all that you do to help so many!!

LOVE YOU!!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 06:32:48 am »
Great News! Even though we have disconnected ourselves with our "intruder" we will forever be connected to those here on this board. We may not have all walked the same path but we're all in the same park. It's nice knowing that people not only get one response today but oftentimes many more.  :)

Very nicely put, FlyersFan.  One of those things that I wish I  would have said  :)

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Anomar11

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2009, 07:42:09 pm »
Phyl,

Thanks for the update.  You have been a true inspiration and help to many.  I love the term "brain booger".  Wishing you continued thriving in all areas of your life.

Mona
L An diagnosed 5/08 2.0 x 1.1 x 1.3 cm.  Cyberknife Stanford Drs Chang and Gibbs Nov '08.  One yr: 2.1 x 1.4 x 1.6, Two yr: 2.2 x 1.5 x 1.8, Three yr: 1.9 x 1.5 x 1.5, Four year 1.6 x 1.1 x 1.1, Six yr: 1.4 x .7 x .9

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 02:15:54 pm »
Mona.. thank you! and passing the "done deal" torch to you and so many other radio patients that are also waiting for the same news (from my mouth to G-d's ears).

Hang in there.. and thank you again!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

MLB57

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2009, 07:18:23 am »
 ;D Hi Phyl,

You are the glue that holds our group together!!  I know if I ever need a sympathetic ear that you are there... My journey has been more eventful than others and easier than some but through it all it is so good to know we have this site and people like you who can understand our plight and cry and laugh with us... 8)

Congratulations on your anniversary!!  It bodes well for all of us, too, who have had radiation!!    ;)

Love ya and thanks for being you!!!  ::)

Regards, Mary (aka GrammyMary) :-*
1 cm rt AN (retrosigmoid Jan 2001 UMASSMed Ctr/Worc, MA)
Residual left--continued growing--finished 30 FSR w/Dr Loeffler (Mass Gen/Boston MA) on Oct 22 2007... --April 2010--tumor shrank to 8mm and is a dark spot!!  Latest Update: April May 2017 scan shows no change!--Next MRI 2020!!  Life is good!!

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2009, 08:37:05 pm »
Hey girly,

As every postie will testify - you are an inspiration and you deserve good fortune. As i have told you time and time again and will continue to tell you - you are a special person.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: April 29, 2009, 08:48:37 am »
GrammyMary!  :-*   :-*

Laz....  :-*  :-*

its folks like both of you that make this worthwhile!

sending wellness wishes to everyone! I've seen a lot of posts lately about terrific follow ups going on (ie: clean MRI's, death to brain boogers, etc). We're on a roll... let's keep it going! :)

Phyl

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2009, 07:18:35 pm »
Wow, my bad, I'm late to this post.  Phyl, you also rawk, my dear.  Thanks for all the advice and support you've given to everyone, including me.  You are "da bomb"!

Huggles from across the country,

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2009, 06:42:03 am »
Wow, my bad, I'm late to this post.  Phyl, you also rawk, my dear.  Thanks for all the advice and support you've given to everyone, including me.  You are "da bomb"!

Huggles from across the country,

Sue in Vancouver USA

Oh, no worries Sue... you are my "radiation" twin, being treated approx same time as me.. and we've gone through this together.... and so thrilled that you are doing well too! :)  YOU rawk! :)

xo
Phyl

tsl

« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2009, 12:16:28 pm »
Hi Phyl,
Belated congratulations on your 3-year happy anniversary!  As I have told you many times, I'm indebted to you for all your help, humor, and knowledge that you've shared with me.  I still remember the first words that you spoke to me:  "We are going to get you through this."  You gave me hope and support when I was lacking and feeling so overwhelmed. 

Take care,
Theresa (tsl)

AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007