Author Topic: So am I a Posty yet?  (Read 3135 times)

ceeceek

So am I a Posty yet?
« on: April 26, 2007, 09:05:51 pm »
Okay, for inquiring minds who want to know...I had the endo, transphenoidal..but due to tumor type and consistancy..ie hard as a rock..they could only remove small amount of it..so I will be pursuing, CK with Dr. Spunberg in about 3 mos.....surgery itself was 11 hrs...but overall a breeze compared to traditional approach..released next day and ready to go day after that...unfortunately, I have lymph node infection....sort of strep throat....hate being around sick people...so that infection is kicking my butt....but surgical wise, I am great!!!!
Wish they could have gotten all of it,,buteven with traditional surgery they probably could not have gotten all of it...too hard upon carotid artery...and BTW....trust me....you never want to experience a carotid occulusion test....worst experience ever..and trust me I have had some nasty proceedures...this was AWFULLLLLLLL...surgery, no sweat, Fl Hosp was great etc...overall good experience..I am lousy patient...dont want to be messed with and when half groggy tend to try and disconecct myself from the variety of monitoring equipment so nurses were kept busy....but in general...surgery was much easier than say,,,my knee, done endoscopically as well, and my shoulder....so really the way to go as far as brain surgery...but, am I a postie or still a newbie???? leave it to me to be a wierdo..and also, my growth is half fibrous tissue.....not tumor not cancer, had since like 3...and half schwanomma......of course even that could nto be normal.....leave it to me...but am trying to use this to advantage for getting job with endo company!!!! gotta have something good come out of this...
Love you guys and thanks for all the help and support..I will post when I have more energy....
Ceecee
Such is life...Finally identified...vidian nerve schwanomma, 2.8x2.8x3cm.....in the middle but under my brain.....post transphenoidal endoscopic surgery April 19th, 2007 Pre CK treatment in Sept 07.....re-arranged cavity in hopes of reducing side effects and now officially diagnosed as hard headed.

jerseygirl

Re: So am I a Posty yet?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 07:21:21 am »
Ceecee,

So happy you are back and doing well! Ck should be a breeze for you.

Eve
Right side AN (6x3x3 cm) removed in 1988 by Drs. Benjamin & Cohen at NYU (16 hrs); nerves involved III - XII.
Regrowth at the brainstem 2.5 cm removed by Dr.Shahinian in 4 hrs at SBI (hopefully, this time forever); nerves involved IV - X with VIII missing. No facial or swallowing issues.

Omaschwannoma

• Life is a journey, not a destination
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 07:29:09 am »
Congratulations on your breezy? recovery.  Endo sounds like the way to go with these nasty critters.  Glad you are feeling well and after the successful CK, you'll be a "Pastie" (short for past all of it). 
1/05 Retrosigmoid 1.5cm AN left ear, SSD
2/08 Labyrinthectomy left ear 
Dr. Patrick Antonelli Shands at University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
12/09 diagnosis of semicircular canal dehiscence right ear

Featofclay

• February, 2011
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 04:04:50 pm »
CeeCee,
Glad to see you back and posting.  All in all it sounds like you did well.  Maybe one of these day, treatments for AN's will be simpler and not have all the complications so many have now.  Wishing you a speedy recovery.
Jean
Diagnosed 12/19/06; 1.7 cm x .8 cm right side
Retrosigmoid 2/16/07 @ House Ear Institute
Dr. Rick Friedman, Dr. Marc Schwartz & Dr. Michael Stefan
Excellent results

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 05:05:11 pm »
Ceecee:   YEEEAAAAHHH   POSTIE !!!!!      Wonderful news for you & all of us.   So happy the surgery went well, & all the best when you ZAP that thing to smithereens !!!
Always good thoughts,  stay well my friend,  Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

goinbatty

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 02:33:06 pm »
So happy to hear it went well.  Rest up and don't overdo it. 
1/2007 - 6 x 4.5 mm AN
8/2007 - 9 x 6 mm
CK at Georgetown 1/7/08-1/11/08; Dr. Gagnon
3/2008 - 10 x 7 mm
7/2008 - 9 x 10 x 6 mm (NECROTIC CENTER!!!!!)
5/2009 - no change/stable
4/2010 - 10 x 7 x 6 mm; stable/no change
5/2011 - 10 x 7; stable/no change
6/2012 - 8.1 x 7 mm
4/2014 - stable/no change

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 11:55:43 am »
hey ceecee!

Hmmmmmmm... "postie" question? Well, send me an application and non-refundable application fee (enough so I can buy a new car) and I'll think about it :D

(yes, you are 1/2 way through postie... and you are going to do FAB with CK!)

xo
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"