Author Topic: Good Morning!  (Read 779249 times)

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Good Morning!
« Reply #1395 on: October 18, 2006, 12:48:15 am »
My husband and I and another couple went there in 1979.  We had a lot of fun. Things were different then and I'm sure they are unrecognizable now.  I lived on Keeaumoku Street, off of Wilder. I could walk to Waikiki, which I did a couple of times, but it was a long walk! This was when Don Ho was actually quite the big deal!   I had my own little apartment. I think it was like $65 a month or something! But then, I was only making $360 a month.  I hate to think what that little studio rents for now, if it is even still there. I'd check it out on Google Earth, but my computer won't handle that.  Before that I lived with my dad and stepmom up on Pacific Heights, I think it was.  I moved over when I was 20 years old.  I'd still be there if things had worked out differently.  But, I came back to Oregon (got homesick!) and met my future husband right after that.  My dad and stepmom came back to Oregon and I stayed over there by myself.  I thought that was a great idea but after a year and a half, I missed my family and the Northwest.  But I love all things Hawaii, Hawaiian clothes, tropical themes, etc.  In some former life, I'm sure I was a tropical person.  Anytime the Goode Ship PBW wants to voyage to Hawai'i, then I'm there!  The one thing I like about Hawaii is that they have the trade winds to cool ya down.  Gosh, wish I was there.  :'(

Sue in Vancouver (a nice place to be also...but not exactly Honolulu, Hawaii.)
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #1396 on: October 18, 2006, 12:49:17 pm »
Brucifer--sounds like ye was makin' ye some West Indian Fish!! Poached in coconut milk with peppers and onions and tomatos and yucca and a loverly scotch bonnet fer some kick!! Yum!!!!! I bet they has plantains there, too. I sure ate alot o them while I was livin there. Slice 'em diagonal, soak 'em in a little salt water, drain 'em, give 'em a little squish, dust 'em with a little spiced up flour and fry 'em in hot oil! Eat em with a little mango salsa!
Yum, yum, Yum!
Hey! Can you find me a bottle of Goya Adobo Crillolo? It's a Puerto Rican seasoning I can't find here. A friend brought me back 3 bottles of it a few years ago and I done run out!!!!
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Battyp

« Reply #1397 on: October 18, 2006, 06:31:41 pm »
Sue I wish I was there too...wanna run away?  My cousin moved to honolulu with and found out real fast how expensive it is there.  She loves it and doesn't plan on coming back anytime soon.  Heck, can't say as I blame her.  If it was just me I'd be a beach rat too!  Unf. my son likes to eat regularly  LOL

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1398 on: October 18, 2006, 08:35:51 pm »
Yep, it would be fun to run away there, but I'd have to win the lottery first!!  Then we could run away...first class!

Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1399 on: October 19, 2006, 10:16:48 am »
Hey ALL,
  This thread seems to  be  turning into a cooking channel. Will you guys please stop it already, your making me VERY hungry!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   LOL

Maybe the Brucifier needs a cooking show of his own. Ye sounds like quite the chef.  It will come on right after Rachael's or Paulla's show,       
  CHEF BARNICLE BRUCIFIER's,  Authentic PBW cuisine.

Bruce can sip Rum during the show while cookin up a storm in the ships gally. Like the Galloping Gormet used to sip wine. Actually, if I recall correctly, he used to GULP wine during his show. I think he was waling like an ANer by the end of each show. LOL

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Battyp

« Reply #1400 on: October 19, 2006, 11:57:02 am »
Bruce what time is dinner?  I can be there in 2 hours by plane and 10 if I drive  LOL

matti

« Reply #1401 on: October 19, 2006, 07:51:11 pm »
Hey barnacle brucifer you ain't stealin my chef job on the goode ship PBW, but I'd be more than happy to share it with you ;D

My other duty on the PBW is keeping the chocies tempered so battyp can do her dipping duties :o Are we still dipping Matthew? Mario? Anyone?

cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
« Reply #1402 on: October 19, 2006, 10:37:44 pm »
The Tim Tam.s I found were "double dipped",  Now who can we DOUBLE DIP BP?????????

Patti yootee
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Chris

« Reply #1403 on: October 20, 2006, 03:14:30 am »
Hope you enjoyed your holiday in NZ Laz. Hope you remembered the gum boots. Sorry Bruce, you didn't offend me. I need to remember to put 'lol' at the end of my sentences when I am just being a smart arse. If you want a change from Tim Tams (not) I heard the latest craze is deep fried Mars Bars. I can hear those arteries crying now
Regards
Chris
2.5cm AN diagnosed late 2005 and treated with fractionated stereotactic radiation in Sydney Australia Oct 2005

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #1404 on: October 20, 2006, 10:22:23 am »
Barnacle Brucifer, Ship's Provisioner and Galley Slave?
Capt Deb 8)

matti

« Reply #1405 on: October 20, 2006, 12:00:37 pm »
AAAAAAAAAARRG Barnacle Brucifer you are my official galley mate, I be beggin the Captain for some help. This here motley crew has been keeping me a slave in goode ship galley. I've got to keep the hunks in the hunk hold fed (Sorry, but I'm not sharing that duty with ya ;))   We need to be making sure the goode Dr. Luv is kept well fed in the Captain's quarters, he's chained up most of the time, so that's why don't see him on deck. He keeps our Captain very happy :o
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Battyp

« Reply #1406 on: October 20, 2006, 12:08:13 pm »
Bruce the kitchen is big enough to share..after all Matti is busy with the scallaway hold and keeping them happy, you can worry about the wench hold and kepping thema happy.  Er um, wait do we having any wenches in holding? 

Just keep the choccie smooth and creamy and let's get back to dippin'!  I saw we best be dippin' matthew, mario, and since we be having double M's we best find some double a's thru z's to go with em!  After all I want to keep it fair  ;)

Patti I don't know if mine were double dipped or not...done ate the package so will just have to go buy another one to find out  LOL

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #1407 on: October 20, 2006, 04:31:22 pm »
Will Mario be showing us wenches his fancy dance moves and will the PBW orchestra be playing some Samba music on the lido deck for our Saturday night sock hop? 

Vancouver Sue
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side

Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

Captain Deb

• Captain Deb
« Reply #1408 on: October 20, 2006, 08:15:05 pm »
AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!! (it be ARRRRRRRRRR, not AAAARRRGGGHHH, by the way--that's what Charlie Brown says when Lucy snaps up the football he's a'tryin' ta kick!)I hope we has enough puffy shirts ter go around fer Mario McDimples and Matthew and Sawyer (come ter think of it they ALL has dimples--what's up with that?)
I found a way to double dip Tim Tams if you by mistake get the ones that ain't double dipped.   Melt some chocolate chips (the dark ones) in a double boiler, let it cool, cram a few TimTams in yer mouth and dunk yer head into the chocolate stuff and VOILA--double dipped!!!!

Capt Deb 8)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #1409 on: October 21, 2006, 10:11:53 am »
Wasn't that Sawyer kiss last week the best?????  I'll be firing up the double boiler with choccie chips in time for Lost next week when they try to force Kate to say she loves Sawyer.  Matthew who???? ;)
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar