Author Topic: Odd experience  (Read 2226 times)

b28

Odd experience
« on: November 03, 2011, 05:36:33 pm »
I am not diagnosed,but I have been referred to a neurologist for my symptoms but I won't be going for at least 2-4 weeks b/c I don't have insurance yet. My doctor specifically said it could be AN so I'm just researching it trying to get a better idea of what may be going on. Anyway, I had something odd happen a couple of weeks ago that I really don't understand and I'm wondering if any of you guys have experienced something like this.  I was standing by the curb in front of my house and a delivery truck went by. As it went by I stepped back 4 steps in a row without even trying. It just happened. It wasn't going overly fast since it was a residential neighborhood so it's not like I was pushed back by wind created by it. It was very weird.

Silver Sonnet

Re: Odd experience
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 08:50:48 pm »
That does sound weird, and I recognize the feeling.  My guess is your conscience mind was occupied (probably with thinking about AN and possible treatment, etc.) and your sub-science mind just took over and moved you back.  If it's something that keeps happening, you might mention it to your doc, but it's likely a one-time thing.

Good luck on getting insurance, and here's hoping your doc is wrong--about the AN, at least :)