Author Topic: New member to your special club!  (Read 4943 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: New member to your special club!
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2008, 07:55:06 am »
Hey Michelle,

I am so sorry for being late in my arrival here.... sites been much more active with newbies and want to make sure I get to "meet" everyone.... so, allow me to extend my "welcome" to you.... seems like everyone here is ready to help you out along the road....... glad to see you participating here and just remember, we are here to help (as you can see!)

Again, welcome!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

calimama

« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2008, 04:18:36 am »
HI Michelle,

I had a lot of trouble finding appropriate eye cover here in Canada too. I also tape at night, which is fine, but i hate when i have to open the right eye in the night (i have a 17 month old! who sometimes still wakes) and then i feel like the left eye might pop open under the tape (which it hasn't).

I have double vision (still !?!???) so i wear a patch during the day too, and could only find those nasty, tight black ones that they carry at shoppers, walmart etc. I tried all kinds of places looking for a nice patch and in the end my dad wife sewed beige material over a black one and i use that sometimes (plus a black one with a manually extended elastic).

Do you live in TO? Where did you have your surgery and who with??

I am heading back to work in early Sept, facial paralysis and all...

Trish
Left 2.9cm CP Angle AN discovered Jan 2008. Retrosig surgery June 2, 2008 Toronto, Canada. Facial paralysis and numbness, double vision (4th nerve), SSD. DV totally recovered in 4th month; palsy started to recover slowly around month 7. Had twin boys 13 months after surgery. Doing great.

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2008, 07:50:49 am »
Hi Trish,
I have been using paper tape and eye bandaids at night (I smooth the bandaid down to help keep the eye from popping open). Debbie from the board was talking about Glad Press n Seal and I thought I might try it, the bandaids are getting expensive and painful pulling it off in the morning. I feel like it is stretching my eyelid. The eye regime is getting expensive and where I can cut costs with the same results I am going to try. I tried the Press n Seal last night and it was as really AWESOME. I used the paper tape and then the Press n Seal (I smooth it down and it helps keep my eye closed well) and it sticks well and removes well and you can reapply it again, which would be good for you Trish when you need to get up in the night with your baby.I tried other plastic wrap and it didn't work well for me.
I ordered to beautiful patches off of patch heaven - can't wait till they come. Check it out lots of great funky designs.
I had my surgery at St. Michael's hospital.
Good for you for going back to work - I am feeling very self concious and the eye is such a problem for me. I keep saying I am waiting for the train to come and bring my 7th nerve back... I know I need to get on with my life but man is it hard. My husband and I were invited to go a wedding celebration this Saturday and I told him to go without me.  Lots of new people and I am poopy and droppy. Any movement?
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.