Author Topic: Fatigue  (Read 2176 times)

auntsherry

Fatigue
« on: December 11, 2008, 12:23:27 pm »
My surgery for removal of 4.5cm AN left side was done 15 months ago;  has anyone experiended INCREASED FATIGUE???
I made an appt. with my regular doctor for next week - must be a reason - I felt  better right after surgery! :( :(  :(
aunt sherry

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
Re: Fatigue
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 12:45:37 pm »
HI Aunt Sherry-  Wish I could shed some light on this, but my fatigue continues to decrease over time.  Makes sense to see your PC doctor and make sure that there isn't some other underlying problem.  So many things can cause fatigue.  Maybe a simple blood test will help give you some answers.  In the meantime, hopefully you can indulge in some naps.

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Kaybo

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 12:52:47 pm »
Aunt Sherry~
I can't say that my fatigue got worse months after my surgery than it was right after surgery BUT it definitely plays a role in my life as compared to PRE-surgery.  I get much "tired-er" as a whole than I did before AN surgery and have to really watch myself (activities) so that I don't overdo.  Is there any chance that you are feeling so much better that you are doing too much thus the feelings of increased fatigued?  Just a thought...

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 03:09:28 pm »
Auntsherry:

I'm sorry to learn about your fatigue, some 15 months after your surgery.  Unfortunately, this can happen. 

Although I recovered from my surgery (and radiation) rapidly, I no longer have the same level of stamina I had before the surgery.  My wife has noticed and commented on this.  I attribute some of my lost stamina to age (I'm 65) but I definitely think that a portion of it is due to my body being traumatized.  First, by the AN (4.5 cm - same as yours) and then, the surgery plus radiation I underwent to debulk and destroy the tumor.  I don't necessarily need a nap every day but normal exertion often leaves me somewhat fatigued and dozing off while watching TV - at 9 P.M.  Fortunately, I sleep well, about 7 + hours every night, and wake up feeling great.  I ignore feelings of fatigue when I want to do something but eventually, I have to rest....and I do.  I don't see any real solution to this and compared to what some post-op AN patients have to deal with, it isn't all that onerous.  However, I hope you can find a remedy.  If you do, let us know about it.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.