Author Topic: Hopkins Question/Niparko  (Read 2886 times)

RandomWalk

Hopkins Question/Niparko
« on: December 10, 2012, 06:08:18 pm »
I was diagnosed with my AC last year and saw John Niparko.  He recommended watchful waiting because I still have useful hearing on my left side.  At some point, it's still pretty likely that I'll have surgery.

I met with Niparko among a couple of other doctors and I really liked him.  Between He and Tamargo, I felt really like I had a plan in event future imaging showed growth of my tumor.  Unfortunately, last week I received a letter indicating that he was leaving Johns Hopkins and heading to USC. 

I'm sort of turning to this board to see who, if anyone else, has had the procedure at Hopkins?  Any advice?  I think I'm likely a candidate for retrosig and I think I'd like to stay at Hopkins - but now I guess I'll need a new doctor.

annamaria

Re: Hopkins Question/Niparko
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2012, 07:07:39 pm »
Ask for Dr. Henry Bremm. He it the top guy at neurosurgery department.

Annamaria

staypoz

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 11:46:49 am »
Dr. Howard Francis is the number two guy in the Department of Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery there.  He is terrific.  I can't say enough good things about him.  He teamed with Tamargo when I had my AN removed, and also fixed my post-op CSF leak.

staypoz

Raven

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 03:05:02 pm »
Good friend of mine had retrosig at Hopkins with Dr. Tamargo two years ago........what do you want to know. Also, have you consulted with University of Maryland Medical Center - Dr. Eisenman?
7/10/07 hearing gone in left ear overnight
7/25/07 diagnosed with bilateral acoustic neuromas - aka NF2
11/7/07 left side tumor removal via middle fossa - 12 hrs.
11/15/07 right side decompression via middle fossa - 8 hrs.
Dr. Eisenman - University of Maryland Medical Center