Author Topic: Mid fossa next week  (Read 16908 times)

Rivergirl

• Rivergirl
Re: Mid fossa next week
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »
I think if you have fewer balance problems before you have compensated less so you have more work to do after the surgery, it will get better.  Keep moving, walking and PT helped me quite a bit.  Wishing you a quick recovery and good health.
Diagnosed 6/2008
Right AN 2cmx8x9
Sub-Occipital at Mass General with Martusa and McKenna on 5/31/11
Right SSD, very little taste
I think I will make it!

lrobie

« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2012, 08:39:23 pm »
Liz,

I do have to realize that if it is surgery that I choose, it's not going to be a good time in my life.  I will have to keep positive and work hard toward recovery.

My dizziness while I'm laying down is different than when I'm just sitting at my desk.  The world does spin but it subsides fairly quickly.  I'm thinking I'm going to ask for that balance test that's done to see if I'm experience a loss already.  I'm pretty sure that I am.

Continue on your road to recovery and try not to let things get you down. 

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

lrobie

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2012, 09:46:09 am »
Liz,

If I decide to have surgery, I thought of something that may help with the glasses situation.  I'm going to bring some eyeglass tools that my husband can use to take the left side off of my glasses. 

The room spinning is what I experience at that moment, but can make it go away by keeping my head in a different position.  The other day when I was driving home, I had to really focus on keeping my head still.  My head just had this weird feeling. 

I hope you're doing well.

Lisa
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 10:36:00 am by lrobie »
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2012, 10:02:36 am »
Lisa
I have been talking with Steph back and forth and she was telling me about surgery etc. She said there was another person there who had mid fossa and she was doing well. Since I cant wear my contacts I was thinking of how to wear my glasses...LOL. Hearing Stephs story and the other stories have helped me alot. Whatever decision you make we are all here for you.  ;D
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

mindyandy

• Loving Life
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2012, 10:28:53 am »
Sorry Liz. I didnt mean to hyjack your thread. I'm very happy to hear your doing well.  :)
14mm dx 9/07. CK done Seattle  1 year MRI showed some shrinkage. 4 year MRI 2mm growth nothing conclusive. Trigminal nerve involvment Retrosigmoid Friedmand/Schwartz HEI March 7,2012

lizzie1hoops

« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2012, 04:34:46 pm »
Not at all, Mindy (durr, sorry I mistakenly said Lisa at first)!!  I read your post about the decision-making process and have been thinking about you.  I hope you're doing well.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 04:41:05 pm by lizzie1hoops »
5x6x11mm right sided AN.
Surgery (middle fossa), Dr. Backous, Swedish Neuroscience, Seattle, 1/12/12 after 6 years W&W.

stephSF

• Live each day to the fullest.
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2012, 11:58:43 am »
We took one arm off reading glasses and sun glasses.....still using them both and it works like a charm :o ;D
1.6 cm AN Translab with Dr.'s Friedman and Shwartz with HEI on 1-25-2012.  I am doing great!  Surgery saved my life :).   Be brave, have a great attitude, and hire the best surgical team!!!!

lizzie1hoops

« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2012, 12:56:06 pm »
I love it! Glad it's working out. I tried that but had some trouble keeping them on my face. I've since read if that happens you can use a little tape to hold them on. I wish I'd read that sooner!
5x6x11mm right sided AN.
Surgery (middle fossa), Dr. Backous, Swedish Neuroscience, Seattle, 1/12/12 after 6 years W&W.