Author Topic: EJTampa (Ernie's) updates  (Read 57065 times)

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
Re: EJTampa (Ernie's) updates
« Reply #165 on: April 02, 2009, 08:48:54 pm »
Almost a month.  Surgery was March 5th, so technically a few more days.  It has, however, been 4 weeks :)

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #166 on: April 02, 2009, 08:55:45 pm »
 ;D
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

microsoftfree

« Reply #167 on: April 03, 2009, 04:51:26 am »
Ernie, are they putting out an all points bulletin to Florida residents that you'll be driving again? Just asking... ;D

Becky

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #168 on: April 03, 2009, 10:06:13 am »
Hey Ernie-
love reading all your updates!  Reminds me of where I was just 11 months ago.  You sound like you are doing great - and what a terrific attitude. 

Debbi
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #169 on: April 04, 2009, 10:22:24 pm »
Almost a month.  Surgery was March 5th, so technically a few more days.  It has, however, been 4 weeks :)

Ernie

It's official  ;D ;D

EJTampa

« Reply #170 on: April 04, 2009, 10:34:30 pm »

Ernie

It's official  ;D ;D

Yep, 1 month! :).  My next doctors appointment isn't until May 18th.  We'll see how much hearing I have left in my right ear.  I know it isn't enough to be useful.  I can only hear things that are right up to my ear, and then only lower tones.  I consider myself SSD since I can't hear things around me from that ear.

I've had a few headaches, but nothing that OTC meds can't take care of.  I still get some pain along the incision, and it's still not fully healed.

Sleeping has gotten easier, and I'm finally comfortable sleeping on my AN side.  I'm also getting better with the driving, although left turns onto busy streets are still tough.  It's just the turning the head quickly left to right that makes me very light-headed.

Cheri, walking in the dark is challenging :).  When I get up out of bed at night, I have to keep hold of the bed and bureau to make my way toward the bathroom :).

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
« Reply #171 on: April 04, 2009, 11:43:11 pm »
Hi Ernie,

Oh, remember what I told you about the driving, your in Florida :D :D Just teasing.

Since you do have some hearing in your right ear, is it possible that some kind of a hearing aid would help?

Rich & Scarlett

P.S. she's right here next to me on the couch, and says hi.

NancyMc

• One year and all is well, almost.
« Reply #172 on: April 05, 2009, 04:35:42 am »
We're you guys staying up til midnight just so you could do that?!
Watch and Wait since 9/19/01
Increased from 1.1 x 1.9 to 1.9 x 1.9 cm as of 10/27/08
Right SSD, tinnitus, compensating balance
Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear and Dr. Barker at MGH
Translab April 8, 9 hours, 18 mm Tumor all gone SSD some facial weakness

EJTampa

« Reply #173 on: April 05, 2009, 07:34:49 am »
Oh, remember what I told you about the driving, your in Florida :D :D Just teasing.

Remember it?  I'm living it! :)

Since you do have some hearing in your right ear, is it possible that some kind of a hearing aid would help?

I doubt it, but only because I have no mid or high tones at all.  It might help me hear some of the grumpy old men at walmart that greet you at the door.

P.S. she's right here next to me on the couch, and says hi.

Hi Scarlett!  I hope you are still feeling ok!  If you ever feel a bit "blahish", but not really tired or sore, try going for a walk.  I'm on my way out the door here in a few minutes to do just that! :)

We're you guys staying up til midnight just so you could do that?!

No.  I'm always up until around midnight, especially on the weekends.  I get up between 7:30 and 8:30 to start my day.  No naps in between.  Now when I go back to work and have to work the 6 AM to 2 PM shift, I'll come home and take a nap :).

Ernie
[/quote]

SML

• If wishes were like horses, we would ride.
« Reply #174 on: April 05, 2009, 08:23:49 am »
Hi Ernie,

I wish I could join you in Florida for the walk. Here in MA, it’s a beautiful sunny morning, 38 degrees! I think I’ll take your advice and go out for a ride in the car! 8)

Scarlett
SML(Scarlett)-Massachusetts
1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston,MA.
Dr. Barker - Neurosurgeon, MGH - Dr. Lee - Neuro-Otology, MEEI
Outstanding Surgeons, I'm very happy with the results.

EJTampa

« Reply #175 on: April 05, 2009, 09:25:57 am »
Scarlett,

Just got back from my 1 hour walk.  It wasn't very pleasant.  It is getting too warm too quick now.  I'm going to have to walk much earlier now :).  It is already in the 80s and the dew point is in the lower 70s.  In New England, they call that oppressive humidity.  Here, it's the norm from June through September.  Normally it's a little less humid here in April, but not today.

We do have a nice cold front coming.  Tuesday will only be in the 60s, and Wednesday morning we should be down around 38.  That's pretty chilly for us in April :)

Ernie

EJTampa

« Reply #176 on: April 07, 2009, 09:26:59 am »
Hey guys and gals,

Just a short note to let you know I'm doing well, and that my parents are going to be in town visiting us for the next week.  I will surely check in from time to time, but may not have as much time to post. 

Be well all!

Ernie

Keri

« Reply #177 on: April 07, 2009, 08:54:26 pm »
Have a great visit with Mom and Dad. I have a friend visiting from Clearwater. Poor thing, she's freezing up here! (DC / MD)
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

EJTampa

« Reply #178 on: April 08, 2009, 07:04:56 am »
Tell your friend that it was 39 degrees this morning in Riverview, and yesterday didn't get out of the 60s.  :)

Ernie

joebloggs

« Reply #179 on: April 08, 2009, 07:07:49 pm »
Have fun with your pares this week Ernie!  Now I'm with mine it's good times - they're trying to do a lot for me when I am quite able to do it myself - it's lovely of them but soon they'll see how much I can actually do and I'll be able to get on with it! 

Cheerio

JB
Right sided AN 2.7cm at last MRI.  Hearing loss/facial numbness.  Translab scheduled March 11th 2009.  Translab at Royal Melbourne Hospital, Australia successful!  Total tumour removed, SSD, no facial issues, numbness has left the building, balance issues but they'll get better and I'm loving life!