Author Topic: Hiccups anyone?  (Read 3110 times)

SKConner

• There's grace in each moment & joy in the journey
Hiccups anyone?
« on: August 30, 2006, 01:44:03 am »
Since I started on the steroid and another strong med they give for coating the stomach to prevent ulcers... I've now had hiccups several times today.. when I hardly have  them at all. Anyone else have this symptom, or am just unlucky?

Finished my second treatment today, two down, three to go this week. So far no side effects, insominia - last nigth, my eyes were open the entire night, didn't sleep a wink. - tonight got three hours before my awakening.  Any one take or had the question raised to be prescribed one of hte newer safe sleeping meds I see advertised on TV - lunesta,etc...? Does that help?

Thanks,
  Steve from Ft. Wayne

SKConner

• There's grace in each moment & joy in the journey
Re: Hiccups anyone?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2006, 02:02:48 am »
Hey, i just realized my hiccups stopped. I think I'll try to go back to sleep. Thanks message board, you did it again!

Appreciate the help.

;D

clw

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2006, 08:15:24 am »
I had Gammaknife Radiosurgery last December, took steroids for 5 days to decrease swelling but didn't have hiccups then.  In June I started having intermittant hiccups a couple times a month - maybe that's not related to your problem?

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2006, 03:16:35 pm »
Hi Steve,

I didn't have hiccups, but I sympathize with the insomnia.  That was terrible for me, but I didn't ask about sleeping pills. Should have maybe.  I guess I thought I didn't need any more drugs in my system.  If I had it to do over again, I would find out if I could take something like that or if it would even work.  My husband kept saying, Just relax, try not to think about anything...and I told him...I'm not doing anything to prevent me from sleeping...my brain just doesn't want to do that right now.  I would lay there, with my eyes shut, just trying to rest...and got maybe 3 hours sleep.  I was so glad to get off of those pills. I did call the pharmacist and asked how long the effect would last after I took the last pill and he said it would only be a day to get it out of my system.  He was right...I slept better right away. Wow, that was a long week!
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode