Author Topic: Temporary unsteadiness--question  (Read 1875 times)

tsl

Temporary unsteadiness--question
« on: June 07, 2007, 01:40:35 pm »
Something happened to me this a.m. and it unsettled me. I'm trying to figure out if it's AN-related. My allergies/sinuses are kicking up.  I sneezed a few times and then  became a little unsteady.  It seemed as if my world was rocking a little bit. It was like watching a movie clip made by a cameraman whose hand was a little shaky.  The sensation only lasted for about 10 seconds and then my view settled down. Has this ever happened to anyone?
AN diagnosed Dec 2006
Approx. size 9 x 6  x 4 mm
Proton Beam radiosurgery wtih Dr. Jay Loeffler (radiation oncologist) and Dr. Paul Chapman (neurosurgeon) at Mass. General on Nov.2, 2007

Yvette

• Yvette
Re: Temporary unsteadiness--question
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 10:45:16 pm »
Yep. It happened with increasing intensity as my AN grew. It got to where, if I felt a sneeze coming on, I would reach for something to hold on to, hopefully beating the sneeze. If you are on stairs, I would stop and hold on to the railing. It can be momentarily disorienting. Best wishes, Yvette
3cm translab Jan. 2007 performed at Mayo Clinic MN. by Drs. Link and Driscoll. SSD but doing great!

Battyp

Re: Temporary unsteadiness--question
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 11:18:41 pm »
Yep before and after surgery...head gets woozy when sneezing and they seem to come in fours instead of two's... :-\