Author Topic: let's run! or walk! or something....  (Read 421805 times)

Keri

Re: let's run! or walk! or something....
« Reply #870 on: May 12, 2011, 09:39:53 pm »
i wouldn't let myself get on facebook today until i ran. i didn't run until 5pm. didn't get on facebook until 11pm. i didn't miss much. hard to believe sometimes it can be so addicting.

i'm thankful that all went well with clarice.

hope your shoes come in soon, sara.

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #871 on: May 13, 2011, 05:18:13 am »
UPS says tomorrow . . .
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

Kaybo

« Reply #872 on: May 13, 2011, 07:12:33 am »
Ohhh... Then you'll have to give them a good workout!!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Jill Marie

« Reply #873 on: May 14, 2011, 09:25:37 pm »
Keri - Yes I need a vacation, we are going in June and when I get really tired and frustrated I picture myself on vacation.  I love to ride my bike, I feel so free and independent when I do it. Not boxed in at my office at work or at home.  The faster I pedal the more free I feel.  When I'm on the bike outside it feels more like something I want to do then something I want to get over with.  Thanks for letting us know Clarice is ok, for some reason I couldn't find the thread about her surgery.  Glad you got a run in early, perhaps one early one will turn into 2, 3 etc.

Sara - We will need a report on the new shoes!

Well so much for my mind over matter!  I didn't ride the bike again tell today!  Came home and took a nap one night, Hubby said I looked like I needed one so went for it.  Last night I did some grocery shopping, walked the dogs for 1/2 hour(let them run free) by the time I got home it was to late to bike and fix dinner.  This afternoon Hubby was having trouble with the bike he rides to work so we went to the hardware store for parts.  The wind was blowing like crazy, thunderstorms on the way.  The ride to the store was a breeze(pun intended), the ride back was horrible.  There were times when I thought about walking as I felt like it would be quicker than riding against the wind.  When we got home my legs felt like rubber.  Got a call from my sister, she is stopping by tomorrow on her way home, rubber legs then cleaned the house!  Keep on movin on! Jill 8)

P.S. Just found the Clarice thread!

« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:33:30 pm by Jill Marie »
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #874 on: May 14, 2011, 09:30:45 pm »
They didn't come today. UPS status says they were transferred to the post office for delivery as of yesterday. Anticipation is building . . .
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

Jill Marie

« Reply #875 on: May 14, 2011, 09:36:44 pm »
Sara - I don't like it when they do that, was looking for a package on my porch the other day and found it in my mail box.  They should have just let the shoes out of the box so they could walk to you.  Will be expecting a report on Monday, enjoy your Sunday!  Jill :)
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #876 on: May 15, 2011, 08:46:14 pm »
Hey, can I wait until next week to start running????   ::) ::) :o :o ;D ;D

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #877 on: May 15, 2011, 08:52:07 pm »
You can wait as long as you need to, Clarice.
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09

Kaybo

« Reply #878 on: May 15, 2011, 09:11:38 pm »
At this rate, clarice will be running before me!!  :o

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Keri

« Reply #879 on: May 15, 2011, 09:37:53 pm »
i was going to add... with the progress clarice has been making, we are going to start nagging her to get back to exercising soon!

my exercise this afternoon consisted of baking cookies and brownies for my son in the AF in afghanistan and some of his friends. i licked the bowl and snacked along the way and now i feel  blaaaah, will need to try to run this off tomorrow! the making and baking doesn't take as long as the packing... got to wrap them up in parchment so they won't stick, then plastic wrap, then zip lock, then add apple peel wrapped in paper towel (a trick someone said would keep them fresh) then another zip lock, then bubble wrap... etc. hopefully they'll make their little trip halfway around the world in good shape and bring encouragement to scott's security forces squardon!

jill, i biked to the store the other day too. everytime i do that i then remember i need something BIG, like charcoal, or a gallon of milk. i stuffed so much stuff in my backpack that i breezed downhill to home. that was a little wonky for the balance too! thankfully, the bike ride home is mostly a long, slow downhill trip.

my goal - exercise in the morning tomorrow. wonder if i can put out here in public that i won't get on facebook or forum until i run... i guess i can and just did.

ok, i'll report in tomorrow!

keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!

Kaybo

« Reply #880 on: May 16, 2011, 05:40:42 am »
I have a meeting at one & have to return the "card reader" I bought yesterday b/c it doesn't work.  :-\ I am determined to walk before I do all that since walking is still all I can do!!

Good luck, Keri - I have faith in you!

;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

Keri

« Reply #881 on: May 16, 2011, 07:19:29 am »
thank you! i did run! at 8:30am. yay - glad to get it over with. just a short run but it feels good to get it over with.
what's a card reader?
and ... for clarice and kay - walking is great! so take it easy somewhat and get back into things slowly!

keri
My head feels weird!!

Kaybo

« Reply #882 on: May 16, 2011, 08:01:59 am »
Keri~
It is what you put your memory card in from your camera to get the images onto the computer.  I always just plug my camera in and do it that way but since I have a Canon and Dave used my friend's Nikon, we have to do something different (Dave was my 2nd and a life saver b/c since the wedding was so much later than planned, the sun had moved - a LOT - so I was shooting right into the sun!  I have INCREDIBLE shots of the rehersaul, though  :'(...oh well). 

Glad you got your run in...it looks like it might rain here (even though not forecasted) so I have waited a bit...AND really...been on the phone!  ::)

K   ;D
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #883 on: May 16, 2011, 08:10:30 am »
*quietly sneaks into thread.... looks at how marvelous everyone is doing.... sees own face turning green with envy......*

well, I did a charity 3k walk yesterday... and for those that know and have met me, you know the physical struggles in life I have..... but, there were 30 on our walk team.... and I took my time, at my own pace... and although I came in last for our team, I feel like I came in first, knowing I pushed to do it and when it got tough going for me, approx 1/2 way through the walk, I remembered why I was there.... and pushed myself along.  Bloke tells me 3k = 1.8 miles (give or take), so in my situation....... I'll take it! :)

You all are SO inspiring to me... and you all were in my mind... kept noting to myself, "well, if these folks can do it, well, heck... so can I...".... and I did! I thank you all for giving me the mental strength to finish the walk.

*quietly sneaks back out of thread.....*
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

saralynn143

• MVD diary
« Reply #884 on: May 16, 2011, 08:46:21 am »
Wish there were a LIKE button for your post, Phyl.
left side facial paresis
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09