Author Topic: You do make a difference!  (Read 2806 times)

mimoore

• Believe!
You do make a difference!
« on: May 31, 2009, 11:28:44 am »
Wow, it is hard to believe that I am approaching my one year anniversary for brain surgery. One does not go through a life altering event, such as a brain tumour, and remain unchanged. My priorities are clearly in focus - my wonderful family, my great friends, and my rewarding career.

Everyone has a story, I just wanted you to know that you have been a huge part in my recovery. I have appreciated your kind words and support, it has all helped me through this difficult journey. You may not realize this but you have helped me to find the courage and strength necessary to move forward.

May you always find the strength and courage you need. Courage is not the absence of fear or despair but the strength to conquer them. I am blessed to be surrounded by such great people.

Hugs,
Michelle Moore  ;D

Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

sgerrard

Re: You do make a difference!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 11:51:35 am »
All the best to you, Michelle. Here is hoping that year #2 is even better. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 12:22:00 pm »
naw... it's not just us that makes the difference... it's YOU too! :)  Congrats on the anniversary!!!!  Continued wellness wishes.... :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 12:52:51 pm »
Michelle ~

Thanks for the kudos - and know that we're honored to be a part of your life and to support you during your AN journey.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 03:09:26 pm »
Michelle -

congratulations on your almost one year anniversary  ;D   Although you say that we are a blessing, it has been our blessing to have you as part of the group.

The courage and strength you have shown were always inside of you; your AN journey just brought them to the forefront.  We never really know what we are made of, until we reach a point in our lives where we are forced to find out.

I'm glad your first year has been a positive experience; may your second and subsequent years be equally as positive.

We always say that there is life after an AN - and it's the truth.  I'm actually celebrating my 2nd year anniversary today, so I know this quite well.

Thank you for sticking around the Forum and for sharing your story with newbies and oldies alike.  There is so much we can learn from each other and everyone's experiences are so valuable to all of us.

Best,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Kaybo

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 03:26:50 pm »
Michelle~
I was basically going to write exactly what Jan said - it is YOU that found that the strength and courage were WITHIN you all along and now YOU are blessing others everyday.  Your ability to persevere and go out everyday, even though you probably didn't always want to, and share yourself with others shows your true spirit & inner self!

Happy Anniversary!!
K

PS - AND you got a cool tattoo dedicated to you AND a cool tattoo for you! ;D 
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

saralynn143

• Sarey Sarey Quite Contrary
    • MVD diary
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 04:39:41 pm »
I wish you, Trish and I could get together for a huge one-year blowout. I consider us to be surgery triplets. Well, you came along two days later than Trish and I, but close enough for sisters, huh?

Sara
MVD for hemifacial spasm 6/2/08
left side facial paresis
 12/100 facial function - 7/29/08
 46 - 11/25/08
 53 - 05/12/09
left side SSD approx. 4 weeks
 low-frequency hearing loss; 85% speech recognition 7/28/08
1.8 gram thin profile platinum eyelid weight 8/12/08
Fitted for scleral lens 5/9/13

mimoore

• Believe!
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2009, 06:49:53 pm »
Thank you everyone!
Happy Anniversary Jan!
Kay you are my hero.
Sara I feel honoured to share the title of triplets with you and Trish! Together we can conquer anything.
Michelle  ;D
Retrosigmond surgery on June 4th, 2008 for an AN. 100% hearing loss and facial paralysis (was not prepared for facial paralysis). Size: 2.3 cm, 2.1 cm, 1.8 cm. some tumour remains along facial nerve. Pray for no regrowth. Misdiagnosed for 10 yrs.

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2009, 03:34:32 pm »
this place has been a blessing to all of us I think ...

I feel so isolated ... I did find another AN patient that lives in town ...she goes to church with a friend ... she flew
out to House last fall and had surgery and wants to forget about it ... I have talked to her a time or two and
met her once ... just how are you doing kinda chat... she says things are great while friends and family say she is
having headaches , is depressed , mad at world etc and denies it is tumor related ... I gave her the link here and
my user name hoping she would pop in but have yet to see anyone that sounds like it is her and she says these
groups of strangers are scary places ... I feel sad for her but what do you do... I have tossed her the life line and
it is up to her to grab it ...

say a little prayer for Mary G in mid south Tennessee ...

Happy anniversary to the triplets  :D
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2009, 03:53:22 pm »
say a little prayer for Mary G in mid south Tennessee.

Will do.  :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 03:55:06 pm by Jim Scott »
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.