Author Topic: You KNEW I had to do this!  (Read 8763 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
You KNEW I had to do this!
« on: February 14, 2008, 09:20:17 am »
Well, I have to note that in all the time I've been affiliated with this website, so many forumites here have shared a great deal of support and inputs and thoughts and wishes... and most of all... LOTS of LOVE!  So, here goes! :D

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your day!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kaybo

Re: You KNEW I had to do this!
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 09:38:08 am »
Thanks...you too!!!!
<3    <3    <3    <3     <3     <3     <3      <3

Love & Kisses to Everyone!!
K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Denisex2boys

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 09:45:24 am »
Right back at you!  Happy Valentines Day everyone!!!!!
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Boppie

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 12:21:44 pm »
Have a Happy dinner tonight.  And don't forget your ear plug for the noisey spaces :).

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 12:34:05 pm »
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

OMG16

« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2008, 02:59:08 pm »
Happy Valentines Day to you!  I also send lots of love to all of you!  How is everyone going to celebrate?  ;) 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2008, 05:56:27 pm »
Phyl -

since you're usually in charge of snacks, when do we get our Valentine's Day chocolates   ???

;D

Jan 
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

OMG16

« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2008, 06:53:55 pm »
I would like to request cookies!  The kind the kids decorate in their classes for the holidays.  Mmmmm my favorite.  :P 16
I believe you are given choices in life and it is not what has happened to you that defines who you are.  It is how you handle the situation and finding the positive in an almost hopeless situation that counts the most.  My son is my hero and I have had the pleasure of learning this from him.

jcinma

« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2008, 07:33:50 pm »
Today is the pearlie girly's Birthday!!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday Phyl!!!!!!

Lots and lots of wonderful B-day wishes to a wonderful lady

Jane
1cm AN removed (lost hearing) 11/96
3cm reccurrence debulked to preserve facial function 2/05
FSR 4/05
Mass General Hosp. Boston MA

lori67

« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2008, 08:12:17 pm »
Oh, Happy Birthday and Happy Valentine's Day Phyl!  I hope you get double amounts of chocolate!

I will be celebrating by going to bed early tonight - my husband got me tickets to see Rick Springfield tomorrow night!  (Yeah, I know what you're thinking... "who?")  Think 80's and Dr. Noah Drake on General Hospital many years ago...  This will be my first loud concert experience since my surgery... could be interesting.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Kaybo

« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2008, 09:09:39 pm »
Lori~
You'll have to tell us all about it!  I got Jim Brickman (the piano man) tickets for March 5th (the day after my b-day!).  No one EVER comes to our one horse town so this is a treat.  I used to always play his CD's in my classroom while the kids were working!

OMG16~
I got to go to one (out of three) party today and the kids decorated cookies!!!  I could've done one for you!  I was just happy to leave the house -- I hadn't since Monday when I took Kendie to the Dr. and found out she has the FLU!!!  YUCK!  Fever everyday since...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Phyl!!!

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2008, 09:52:55 pm »
Happy Birthday, Phyl.  Hope it was lots of fun.

Sue in Vancouver
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2008, 09:58:18 pm »
Phyl -

I didn't realize you were a Valentine's Day baby! 

Happy Birthday,

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

OMG16

« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2008, 11:42:26 pm »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR PRECIOUS PEARL! ;D  I wish we had a weekly post with the birthdays for that week.  So we then could all celebrate together.  I have a cyber cake ready for you it has tons of spring flowers on it with a side of the best ice cream you have ever had.  I have enough for everyone.

K I will be right over for the leftover cookies!  I hope Kendi is doing much better and I hope the rest of the Family stays well.  All of my great nieces and nephews are sick and ended up with pneumonia this year also.  Thank goodness so far the adults are all well however on the news this week they said that it is widespread in our county.  So my Husband and I will be going up to our property alone this weekend.  We have not been away from my son in so long it will be nice to just focus on ourselves.  We have 2 other couples going so this will definately be a treat.

I wish everyone a great weekend! 16

marg

« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2008, 11:47:48 pm »
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY TO YOU ALLmarg

p.S.  I'm a 2nd grade teacher ......and I am beat - my little ones....(all 25 of therm) wore me out today ...but boy did we all have fun. ;D
« Last Edit: February 14, 2008, 11:52:46 pm by marg »
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !