Author Topic: kind of random... ITCHING?  (Read 1843 times)

lori78

kind of random... ITCHING?
« on: August 06, 2007, 01:47:06 pm »
So I continue to have temp paralysis on my left side, which I'm told will last awhile.  I've began to get sensations of itching now on my head and face... no bites or anything.  Scratching only sort of helps.  Anyone?  It's weird!
Lori, Left AN,  2 translab surgeries and GK radiation, 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm, Dr. Singh Sahni and Drs Fred and Wayne Schia, Chippenham Johnston-Willis, Richmond, VA. Deaf in left, temp paralysis post surg 1/07

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: kind of random... ITCHING?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 02:11:01 pm »
Lori:

I'm not a doctor so this is simply speculation but I would suspect that the itching you feel is an indication of your facial nerves healing. 

I hope I'm right.   :)
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

lori78

Re: kind of random... ITCHING?
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2007, 03:08:06 pm »
Thanks!  I hope so too!!  :)
Lori, Left AN,  2 translab surgeries and GK radiation, 3.5 cm x 3.5 cm, Dr. Singh Sahni and Drs Fred and Wayne Schia, Chippenham Johnston-Willis, Richmond, VA. Deaf in left, temp paralysis post surg 1/07