Post-Treatment > Post-Treatment

Difficulties with getting back in shape.

<< < (2/3) > >>

Yvette:
That's funny-no prizes for first-you're sure right on both ends! Thanks, Yvette

SteveWWD:
Had a retrosig in 10/07 and really eased back into working out slowly.  My incision area tightens a lot as I work out, and I really do not go heavy anymore, or at least I haven't yet.  Never had anything "pop" suddenly but it is best to take everything slowly.  I find running is fine.

Yvette:
Hi Steve, my incision feels tight at times too-it's as if the skin cannot stretch. It's different from the general full head tightness. How funny. Can't believe you can run! Wow. My fluid pouch reabsorbed on its own without a drain having to be put in. I'm up to a brisk hike now-I think running is over for me. With retrosig, does the procedure require a metal plate in your head? What is your overall condition now? Yvette

jimmy r:
You are bumming me out telling me that you can't work out 7 months after sugery. I am 3 weeks out and chomping at the bit to start biking again. Right now a 30 minute walk is all i can handle. I was able to go sailing for 4 hours last night and out on a motor boat the night before. This is my second AN operation - 20 years ago when i was 30 I was back at it within a few months. i guess it is different for everybody and each situation so all you do is take it as it comes.

Yvette:
Hi Jimmy-if a 30 minute walk is all you can do, please don't try to push it! Bad things happened to me when I was chomping at the bit to get back to normal and workout hard. I paid big time. It set me back at least 3 months. Hard to start from scratch. I lift less weight but more often now, and walk/hike instead of run. As soon as it starts to get tough, I quit. I sometimes walk twice in one day instead of trying to get it all in at once. Listen to your body! Best wishes, Yvette

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version