Author Topic: Six Month Update  (Read 3176 times)

teasely

Six Month Update
« on: September 28, 2006, 09:35:28 am »
Just wanted to pop in and report on my 6 month follow-up exam down at Stanford.  In a nutshell, everything looks good.  My hearing is virtually the same as pre-CK, with 100% word recognition.  Dr. Chang said the tumor showed no growth, and there was a black spot in the middle, indicating necrosis.  So, yay!

Wishing everyone the best!

Kristina

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: Six Month Update
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2006, 11:35:52 am »
Kristina,
  Congratulations, excellent news.  We love hearing about good outcomes.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Windsong

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 01:18:48 pm »
Kristina,

Fabulous news!!!! ;D

Good to hear that!

Windsong

shoegirl

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2006, 06:08:09 pm »
Kristina!

Congratulations!  Wonderful news!  :)
left side 2.0cm x 1.3cm  
Cyberknife - 12/2005
The Barrow Institute, Phoenix, AZ

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 10:30:27 am »
Hello:

I was at Stanford three days ago and discussed my options of the diagnosis.  (AN)  I'm allergic to steroids.  The surgery complications seem too risky for me.  I have a 22mm AN at one point!  I first noticed segnificant hearing-loss on the right side in June.  I went to my local Medical Clinic.  (starting there with the little mini hearing test....passing that)  I then saw an ENT doctor twice.  (back to back hearing tests about two weeks apart)  That was set up to see if the heavy steriods could save my hearing, somewhat.  (before, my MRI and knowing it was indeed an AN)  I was in emergency most of the night after the second day of the heavy med of Pred. drug!  It was the A-shock syndrome.  So, I got the confirmation news of the MRI about a month ago.  All this began in early June but, I had to wait for each appointment.  With the MRI, I had the metal injected so the last part of the MRI made the test last slightly over one hour.  I wonder if Stanford has one of those newer machines that doesn't make so much noise in the head.  Anyway, since my consultation was last Tuesday, I'm at the decision stage.  I even had a second talk with a person who knows much about holistic drugs.  I was just gathering data for my up and coming, very important decision.  (as I'm doing on this forum)  Yes, I'm distressed about all of this and appreciate any possible experiences that might be of help to me.

Thank you in advance and good luck to all of you,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness