Author Topic: ANers and Florida  (Read 2120 times)

EJTampa

• Rays Vs Red Sox Game 2 ALCS (Isabel and Ernie)
ANers and Florida
« on: February 27, 2009, 10:38:22 am »
Ok, I have heard a few people say they are in Florida or going to visit Florida.  I would like to know when you are going to be in the state, and which part :).  Perhaps we can organize a get together somewhere.  My surgery is March 5th, so anytime after March 12th should be fine (I was told to be positive and optimistic!).

No matter what my outcome, good or not so good, I will keep on visiting these forums and find a way to meet fellow ANers.

Ernie

P.S. >  Sorry I missed you Captain Deb.  But judginig by your last posts...it won't be long before you own real estate here anyway. :)
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.
-Had to cut hearing nerve to get "sticky" tumor, so SSD right side.

Kim Zingale

• My AN Blog
Re: ANers and Florida
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 10:41:13 am »
Hey Ernie,

I'm going to be visiting my in-laws in The Villages (flying into Orlando) from March 8-11, so I'll be there while you're still in the hospital. I figured that I might as well spend a few days in the sun before I go back to work.

Good luck with your surgery!!

Kim
Retrosigmoid surgery Feb. 9, 2009 at Johns Hopkins with Drs. Tamargo and Carey.
http://adventureswithmanny.blogspot.com

EJTampa

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 10:54:06 am »
Hi Kim,

TheVillages is a great place!  Part of it is in Sumter County and part is in Lake County.  A friend of mine moved up there (someone I worked with in the National Weather Service) after retiring and I think he is actually getting younger!  He does weather broadcasts on one of the local radio stations there.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy your time in the sun!  I'm pretty sure I won't be able to visit you guys :).

Ernie
-1.3 X 0.8 cm AN in the right cerebellopontine angle extending into the internal auditory canal.
-Retrosigmoid Surgery with Dr. Bartels and Dr. Danner at Tampa General 3/5/2009.

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 01:53:19 pm »
I'll be down there next week, but in the northern part of the state, darn!  Would love to get to see you prior to your surgery, Ernie.  Jo (tenai98) and I are, hopefully, going to be able to meet up sometime next week.

Best of luck w/ your surgery!!!  I like that optimism about your recovery time!  Will, of course, be watching for updates to see how things go.

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2009, 04:15:24 pm »
Just thought I'd bump this up to wish our Ernie the best of luck on his surgery down in Sunny Florida tomorrow! Will you need any help when you get sprung from the hospital? Like, can we all come down and walk you around the neighborhood to help you get your balance back? It's really cold up here in the NC mountains! Brrrrrrr! Hey everyone! Big PJ party at Ernie's in Tampa!!! Yeah!!!!

Capt Deb
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 04:16:55 pm by Captain Deb »
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

EJTampa

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2009, 08:28:26 pm »
Thanks Capt Deb!  Come on down! :)

Ernie

tenai98

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 07:23:37 am »
I'm in Florida in Saint Augustine...Maybe I'll travel with my mother and cousin to Tampa when they go the third week of March!!!! Cindy and I did get to visit and it was great...To see her after Three months post op put me at ease somewhat...lol
JO ;D
14mmX11mmX11mm left ear
TRANSLAB 04/07/09 2cms at time of surgery
Dr. Benoit and Schramm, Ottawa Civic Campus
SSD ,some facial numbness
Baha surgery sept 22/09
residual tumor 13mmX7mmX8mm
2016 new growth.  25mmX21mmX22mm
cyberknife on June 7

cindyj

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 09:06:45 pm »
Was so great to be able to see you, Jo!  Glad it worked out to get together.  What a truly small and strange world it is that we both happened to be down that way at the same time! 

If you haven't seen from his thread yet, Ernie is already home from his surgery!  Amazing!  Seems to be doing very well...suppose that's obvious since he's home so soon.

Enjoy the rest of your stay in Florida and keep in touch!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings