Author Topic: 20-month post op update  (Read 2256 times)

kkl

20-month post op update
« on: September 27, 2012, 09:06:00 am »
Dear all,

It's been awhile since I posted.  I do drop by from time to time but didn't get the chance to share any updates.

I am just back from Taipei, where I had my 4-cm AN operated on about 20 months ago.  I did 3 biannual MRI's since my operation, since the doctor wanted to check if the residual tumor has grown back or not.  And during my latest trip, I got the good news that he is comfortable enough to see me not in 6 months, but 1 year!  Yey!  I got the news just one day before my birthday and I feel like I had the best birthday gift ever!

20 months post-op, I feel good, even if my balance is not 100% back (meaning, I still need to hold the hand rails on stairs, or I can't run very fast, or I can't wear high heel shoes now, etc.)  I am SSD, have constant ringing in my AN side, tears on my left eye is still not as much vs my right eye (I had facial paralysis for a few months) but I don't let these bother me.  I am just thankful to have weathered thru the recovery process, and enjoy my regained strength and health.  The 'new' me is not as good as the old one, but it's still good. 

For those who is still in the early stage of recovery and new to this site, I want to say is give your body enough time to heal and it will get there.  For those who are the veterans on this site, I want to thank you for all the encouragements you've given me and everyone. 

I honestly think life is not perfect but it's still good  ;D

Chances3

Re: 20-month post op update
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2012, 10:53:11 am »
Thank you kkl for your story, and congrats on the recovery.  No one chooses to have a AN.  But what we can chose, is to stay positive and to try our very best to get better. 

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2012, 11:33:02 am »
I honestly think life is not perfect but it's still good

And most of us would honestly agree.  Congratulations on a steady recovery and thank you for letting us know about your progress.

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

millie

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2012, 05:19:31 pm »
Thanks and best wishes for a strong, steady recovery.