Author Topic: Frustrating  (Read 1132 times)

bell

Frustrating
« on: March 30, 2009, 11:15:25 am »
Hi everyone,
  Bell here,  I am 41/2 months post op and doing ok.  Went back to work 4 days and it was to much, now I am cutting back 1 day a week.   Rather frustrating, I thought all would be good going back to work.  It is good to go back to work but the side effects were not so fun.  My face still swells quit often and my head still has tender pains and swelling, not to mention the fatique.  When does it get better.  I am now looking forward to the one year mark and hopefully will feel great.  I know it will get better.
  My doctors have to fill out more paper work so I can miss work.   I feel guilty bothering them again for such red tape!
   3 month MRI was good, no tumor, but an Enhanced Mass and not to worry.  Next MRI 2 years.  Hope and pray for no return.  Thanks for listening and talk to everyone soon,

Bell

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Frustrating
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 11:31:08 am »
Bell -

don't feel guilty.  Doctors are used to these requests - and it's not like it's unnecessary.

I'm sorry you had a hard time going back to work.  Maybe you just went back a little too soon.  Although everyone is different, docs often say the normal time frame to return to work is 6 weeks post op.

When I returned to work I had a lot of fatigue so I went back part-time at first.  I'd typically work from about 9 to noon and then return home to nap.  Maybe that's something that would help you, rather than doing 3 or 4 full days a week.

Things should get better in time.  I wish I could give you a definitely idea when, but once again it falls under "everyone is different". 

Hang in there and do what you need to do to feel better.

Jan

Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Keri

Re: Frustrating
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2009, 03:09:05 pm »
Hi Bell,
Was wondering how you are doing. Have you cut back on your work days yet? I hope that helps and you learn to adapt to and balance work and rest.
I'm fortunate because I work from home. When I'm tired I get to rest. Somedays I don't get to rest too much, but the fatigue has gotten better overall. But just when I think that I feel fully recovered, I have a day where I'm just so tired. THings have gotten a lot better since those early recovery days, and I'm thankful for that. Still, the fatigue seems to last, at least in varying degrees. Do you have problems with other facial issues? I have some of that, but am recovering. The biggest pain right now with my facial recovery is my eye not blinking and my mouth still kind of feeling like I've been to the dentist and had novocain.

I hope you're doing better. Keep us posted!

Keri
1.5 left side; hearing loss; translab scheduled for 1/29/09 at Univ of MD at Baltimore
My head feels weird!!