Author Topic: Thyroid Issues post AN surgery  (Read 1148 times)

Shan1014

Thyroid Issues post AN surgery
« on: July 14, 2010, 02:47:48 pm »
After spending the past 2 months eating well and increasing exercise yet unable to lose weight....I now know why. I had a blood test and found low levels in Vitamin D and thyroid.  So that may explain hair thinning, body aches, and my inability to lose weight.  Apparently AN surgery can mess with hormone levels a bit.  Just wanted you all to know in case you are experiencing the same thing. Thank you for all of you that responded to my initial post.
Shannon
mymediabandit.com/
4.1cm AN 85% de-bulked on 3/09/10
Dr. Willis & Dr. Macias- Phoenix Banner Hospital
July 2010 MRI shows fast re-growth
(FSR) Stereotactic Radiation Novalis Tx 9/27/10 5 days
Hearing loss and slight Bells Palsy Left side
Experiencing balance, facial numbness, double vision, headaches, & fatigue

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Thyroid Issues post AN surgery
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 02:57:37 pm »
Shannon ~

Thanks for the update.  Although the body aches, inability to lose weight and thinning hair must be frustrating, I'm glad to learn that your doctor has discovered a reason for these issues and that they can be addressed and, hopefully, alleviated.  We appreciate your sharing this information with us. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.