Author Topic: AN cause............  (Read 2851 times)

Pat

AN cause............
« on: July 22, 2007, 12:04:49 pm »
Greetings to all
I seem to be very tired, worn out.........physically, mentally.........
Very sleepy...........
AN causing this or just old age?
thanks Pat
AN diagnosis 6 20 2007
2cm..... left side S.S.D.
"Wait / watch" right now
L.Fredrick Lassen , M.D., F.A.C.S.
Suffolk, Va.

"Attitude......the difference between an ordeal or adventure"

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
Re: AN cause............
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 12:14:58 pm »
Pat--are you pre-treat? You can post you specifics by going to "profile" and find signature under modify profile information.
The stress of know I had my AN and having to sort out my treatment options really tired me out.

Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Lamsue23

• My "Magic AN Scarf" l day after surgery!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2007, 12:36:49 pm »
     I thought it was old age also.  I feel the same way.  Everything is a chore.  I've had a knee replacement but it's been a year this month, I should not feel like this.  I think the stress of everything is doint it.  Anyone else!!

Sue
SueL/from NH
Retrosigmoid Surgery 8/6/2008 DHMC, Lebanon, NH 7.5 hrs.
Dr. Erkmen - neurosurgeon
Dr. Morrisson - neuro-ostology
Loss of hearing 70% in left ear.
Vision and Balance issues...Taste!!

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2007, 03:08:54 pm »
Pat,
This week and  weekend has been the worst for fatigue.  I'm 10 months post-op.  I had a translab.  The ENT went in blindly thinking he was going to deflate my ear drum.  SURPRISE, he found out I had facial neuroma,that wipped out the 3 bones in my middle ear and destroyed my ear drum.  He debulked my facial nerve.  Recovery was brutal, but I went back to work after 2 weeks.  I just transfered from one credit union to another and like a dummy I used my 2 weeks of my holidays.  I think my body is still trying to get back at me for not fully recovering before I went back to work.
At my last MRI back on Jan 8 the neuroma measured 1cm x 5mm.  So many other symptoms that my Drs couldn't answer.  Joining this forum has answered a lot and because of encouragement I am patiently awaiting a second opinion. I think fatigue is the biggest complaint, along with headaches, earaches and dizziness. 
All I can say is I relate to your question and I'm sure there are many more out there who can also.  Take it easy Pat.  Rest as much as you can, when you can.  When you feel good and have a good drink toast all of here because that's what I did last night at my cousin's house.  She makes the best stawberry dacquri's.  As I was drinking my first one (I only had two)  I thought of all of my new friends on this forum and wished for the best.  ;)
Cheers,
Anne Marie   
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2007, 05:30:24 pm »
Bruce and everyone,

This should probably go under the "fatique" section but, what makes us so tired with the AN?  I remember before CK I got more and more tired by the year.  I got to the point of dragging through the day.  I went to have my blood checked for anemia, etc.  I would like a doctor or someone explain the reason for the fatique.  I read once that it is that the one side has to do all the work for balance.  Maybe I need a refresher course.  I did my "crash course" on AN people, a year ago when I was getting properly diagnosed.  I still get very tired but, it is better now. (7 mo. after CK)  I've read lots on fatigue but, I'd like a more detailed answer.  I will go look for the fatigue subject which was discussed in the past.

Good luck to all of you,

Palace

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2007, 05:49:41 pm »
Interestingly, I wouldn't put fatigue at the top of my AN trouble list.  Maybe because I'm not a real "go-getter" kind of person anyway.  Maybe because I do a lot of things with my 78 year old auntie and she is getting so slow lately, that I feel really peppy in comparison.  But, as to why...I suppose it's the brain working overtime to compensate for balance/input issues.  All that congnitive stuff.

Bruce, your trip sounds fabulous.  I would have wilted...mostly because of the heat. Sounds like a "hot trip" in more ways than one to me. We in the northwest are currently experiencing the tail end effects from a tropical storm that is ending it's journey by touring our part of the world, bringing moist, humid air and rain.  Most of us are really uncomfortable with the humidity that's upon us.  I would not do well in the Southeast!!

Take care,

Sue in humid Vancouver WA USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

linnilue

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2007, 07:59:48 pm »
Fatigue???!!!  I think I might even be too tired to finishe this post.  I am 2+ years post radio. and I am always tired but I can do almost anything, I'm just tired while I do it.  When I lie down for a few minutes, I close my eyes and just rest and thne move on to the next project of the day.  I never felt like this befoe radiation and this fatigue has never gotten better, I jsut learned how to push my way through.  My husband and doctors are always telling me to rest, take it easy, pace myself.  Easie said than done.  alhough I do not do well in the mornings especially and i tend to linger in bed, watch the news and slowly get into my day.  When I have to shower and wash my hair in the same day, I am simply depleted.  Isn't that terrible?  Oh well, at least I have a brain.
Left AN dx. 11/05 Linac radiosurgery 01/06 Burlington, VT for a 9mm x 5mm tumor.  No necrosis yet (2 yrs. post-op).  Multiple post radiosurgery complications, some permanent.  Have radio-oncologist here.  Now see Dr. McKenna, Mass. Eye & Ear Instit., Boston for flollow-up care as my main An doctor.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2007, 05:49:30 am »
Hi Palace,

I found it for you...

http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=3462.0

this link brings you to a thread where a brochure link is posted regarding Brain Tumors (malignant and benign) and Fatigue... Many have found this helpful in the past... hope those that read it now do as well.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Pat

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2007, 06:02:00 pm »
Thanks again for all the replies and info.
 Downloaded the info concerning fatigue......... reveals a lot concerning the last two years.
Still reading and learning !
Pat
AN diagnosis 6 20 2007
2cm..... left side S.S.D.
"Wait / watch" right now
L.Fredrick Lassen , M.D., F.A.C.S.
Suffolk, Va.

"Attitude......the difference between an ordeal or adventure"

TP

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2007, 08:00:29 pm »
The month before I learned I had an AN I was very tired and experienced head aches, the three weeks between the time I learned I had an AN and the date of my surgery I was exhausted and had bad head aches. I went on vacation two days after I learned I had an AN I slept the majority of the week.  After my AN was removed and I recovered I was fine. I slept quite a bit during my recovery time (9 weeks) but when I went back to work I had my energy back. 
4+cmm left retromastoid of cerebellopontine angle tumor removed 6/5/06; Dr. Eric Gabriel, St. Vincents, Jacksonville, FL
Left ear hearing loss, left eye gold weight, facial paralysis; 48 year old female. Dr. Khuddas - my hero - corrected my double vision