Author Topic: Have you had other tumors?  (Read 4744 times)

suz

Re: Have you had other tumors?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2009, 09:40:52 pm »
Good to know I am not alone! Good topic!
I have had a thyroid tumor (malignant), with mets to lymph nodes. Also had lots of thyroid nodules. All of those bumps and lumps are gone now thanks to surgery. Also have various mysterious lumps on arms and legs. Have not really delved into what they are. Just don't have time for any more appointments or doctors! THey don't seem to have any growth or pain so I am choosing to ignore them for now.  Oh I also had  uterine polyps.
THat's my lump and bump report,
Suz
Tumor 1.8cms x 1.5 cms x .5 cm;partially removed 7/14/10 by Drs. Friedman & Schwartz of House Ear Clinic in LA. Moderate SS hearing loss.
Re-growth approximate 3 mm per year; GK planned for 12/2017.
Philadelphia, PA area

cindyj

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2009, 05:39:08 am »
Interesting question, Patty...I've had lumps (cancerous) in the breast, fibroids in the uterus, polyps in the colon, and other not so interesting little cysts around in insignificant places.  I've heard many times that most people have cysts/tumors all over their body without them ever being aware of them, and most are of no real medical concern.  Let's hope so, right!

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Cheryl R

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2009, 06:26:29 am »
I am one of the NF2s and no other tumors ,cysts so far.      I am getting older so that can always change.
                                                           Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

CHD63

• Life is good again!!
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2009, 06:46:17 am »
I had fibroids and a benign tumor attached to a ligament supporting the uterus removed many years ago, along with the hysterectomy and I have at least one fatty lipoma ..... in addition to the AN.  I just kind of figured these things went with the territory when you live long enough ....  :-\  Glad you asked the question, however, because now I am beginning to wonder if there is a connection.

Clarice
Right MVD for trigeminal neuralgia, 1994, Pittsburgh, PA
Left retrosigmoid 2.6 cm AN removal, February, 2008, Duke U
Tumor regrew to 1.3 cm in February, 2011
Translab AN removal, May, 2011 at HEI, Friedman & Schwartz
Oticon Ponto Pro abutment implant at same time; processor added August, 2011