Author Topic: Just wanted to share  (Read 1808 times)

allisjbh

• facebook
Just wanted to share
« on: July 13, 2011, 10:02:27 pm »
Some of you know that I teach, and how hard it has been to regain confidence with facial paralyzation. I volunteered to work the crafts at my grandson's Vacation Bible School. The first night one of the on-stage leaders gave a short devotion and directions to the kids. She caught my eye because of her mouth looking similar to mine. Turns out she's had AN sugery and experiences much like me. Her confidence was inspiring - and it was so unusual to meet another ANer in my small circle.
Allison
ALLISON
2.8cm x 3.8cm AN translab 12/31/09 Emory Atl Drs Olson & Mattox;  right facial paralysis: "... (facial) nerve remarkably thin..." EMG 8/10; gold weight, tarrs, & browlift 1/11 Neufeld; facial sling implant & left eye bleph 4/11 Yellin

Kaybo

Re: Just wanted to share
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:49:29 am »
That is GREAT news!! It's always nice to meet up w/ a fellow ANer!!

;D
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

allisjbh

• facebook
Re: Just wanted to share
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 06:02:41 pm »
Yes! It's not that you want someone else to have to have experienced all of this, but there is someone close by who KNOWS what it is like!
ALLISON
2.8cm x 3.8cm AN translab 12/31/09 Emory Atl Drs Olson & Mattox;  right facial paralysis: "... (facial) nerve remarkably thin..." EMG 8/10; gold weight, tarrs, & browlift 1/11 Neufeld; facial sling implant & left eye bleph 4/11 Yellin