Author Topic: Dry eye  (Read 7888 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Dry eye
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 11:39:40 am »
Been using the GenTeal gel (esp. at night).

Many here note Systane... if you have tried Systane and GenTeal, why did you choose one over the other?  I haven't tried Systane yet.

Thanks!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Raydean

Re: Dry eye
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 03:31:03 pm »

Chet uses Tears Naturale Forte  long lasting eye lubricating eye drops.  Theses are made by Alcon, the same company that makes Systane.  Over the past almost nine years Chet has tried just about everything on the market and has found that these drops keeps his eyes moister, and for longer period of times.  His eyes aren't "cakey" in the morning, which is a hugh plus. He lid area isn't as red, because he isn't working so hard at getting that cakey junk out of the way. They don't have that big oily feeling to them, nor do they blur his vision. He likes the size of the bottle, fits nicely in his pocket without being bulky.  Chet gives this one a thumbs up.

For my plain ole dry eye I use Systane.  It doesn't burn, nor is my vision blurred with this product.  I can really feel the difference.  This brand is available all over including Costco and WalMart comes in different sizes.  My boss had a few eye issues from Bells Palsy (he thinks related to a flu shot) and goes to an different eye doctor then the one i go to and was told to use Systane. 

Phyl, call your eye doctor up and tell him/her that you're dropping by for some samples.  All eye doctors have samples to hand out.  This way you can try a few without spending biggo bucks.
I bet they'd have them ready for you to pick up if you call them in advance.  This way you can try different kinds and find what works best for you.  Besides they're free, that's a great price.

Hugs
Raydean
Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.