Author Topic: Do I have one?  (Read 7395 times)

samantha

Re: Do I have one?
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2006, 12:03:34 pm »
Hello again
Had my MRI today. Actually found it quite relaxing! (am I wierd?).
Anyhow, first question I asked the technician before we started was 'will I be having contrast done'. She said no, because the type of scan they were doing was particularly precise and that they'd do contrast at a later date if 'something' was there.  So, I got a plain one.
Now I have to wait for up to a fortnight for the results. I asked if there was anything there but they said they weren't allowed to tell me!  :D

Samantha.

amymeri

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2006, 09:41:25 pm »
Boy, that's annoying to have to wait.  They wouldn't let me know until they called my doctor so I knew something was up and made the radiologist tell me.  Seems to me that if they are so casual about the results they will probably be normal. I would still be concerned that a tumor wont show up without the contrast.

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Amy
Amy

4 cm right AN removed restrosigmoid 4/13/06
Partial facial paralysis, SSD and trigeminal numbness for now

lmurray69

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2006, 09:53:56 pm »
Hi Sam, I also agree with everyone and I will keep you in my prayers too. I hope you keep thinking positive too ..And we are all standing behind you...LInda
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

samantha

« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2006, 05:17:39 am »
Hello again
Well, according to my non-contrast MRI, I don't have an AN. Weirdly enough, a few days after the MRI,the tinnitus disappeared. ??? I still get the distortion of my own voice in my ear, and unsteadiness on my feet every now and again.
They tell me that apparently this is all due to migraine. And I have 'changes' in my brain due to said migraine. What changes?..well the guy couldn't tell me since he isn't a neurologist and they never even had the films for me to look at.  :o  ::)
I've asked for them to be sent to me at home.
So...migraine then. At least there's no tumour.
Thanks everyone fo your input  :-*...now how do I go about unsubbing from this forum and finding a migraine one!!!   :D :D ;D ;D

Sam.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2006, 12:32:01 pm »
Hello again, Samantha:

Congratulations on the news that you don't have an Acoustic Neuroma tumor!

I would feel even better if the MRI scan had included contrast - but at least you have something to go on to help explain your symptoms.  I wish you well in your search for a remedy for your symptoms and again, I'm glad you don't have an Acoustic Neuroma tumor to deal with. 

To unsubscribe: click on your 'user name' (to the right of your post) and that will take you to your profile page.  To the left, there is a box that says 'delete this account'.  Click on that to unsubscribe.  You could also PM a moderator and ask that your account be terminated.  However, leaving the account dormant is another option that many use...just in case.

Best of luck and a very happy New Year to you, Sam.   :)

Jim[/color]
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

samantha

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2006, 01:49:35 pm »
Thanks again for all your help.

Sam