Author Topic: TV Alert right now: Michael J. Fox on ABC  (Read 1757 times)

Lilan

TV Alert right now: Michael J. Fox on ABC
« on: May 07, 2009, 08:07:14 pm »
His documentary on optimism dealing w/his Parkinson's, etc. Seems very relevant.

Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

Kate B

• AN World
Re: TV Alert right now: Michael J. Fox on ABC
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 08:49:54 pm »
Yes, I was watching him too.  What an inspiration relative to attitude.  I didn't realize he was just 29 when diagnosed.
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Lilan

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 09:07:08 pm »
I liked one of his last lines -- he said he didn't have an address to send his gratitude to, so he projects it into everything he does.
Facial nerve hemangioma. Probable dx 7/2008 confirmed 4/2009. Combo middle fossa and translab to remove the blood vessel malformation and snip ruined hearing and balance nerves by Drs. House and Brackmann @ House 6/2009. Doing great!

cindyj

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 05:30:54 am »
I watched it - very well done, I thought.  Yes, that was a great last line about gratitude.  He speaks volumes about great attitude without even having to say a thing...A friend of mine is reading his second book and says it's very good. 

Cindy
rt side 1.5 cm - Translab on 11/07/08 Dr. Friedman & Dr. Schwartz of House Ear Institute,
feeling great!

"Life consists not in holding good cards, but in playing well those you do hold."  Josh Billings

Cheryl R

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 06:35:41 am »
Way back in 2000, I was discussing that some odd things were going on with me to a friend who was 60.    She discussed her funny leg feeling and there was some other funny feeling.           Well we went on to me having NF2 and Kay having Parkinsons.   
She has several more symptoms now.              Poor gal slipped in Lowes and fell into a bathtub and hurt her hand.       This Jan she fell getting out of a hot tub in Mexico and had to have surgery on a broken leg.   Sounds like they actually did very good surgery. 
She is such a sweetie and is hard to see someone having their ups and downs.     
                                                                   Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 09:23:25 am »
I'm sorry I missed it (my new meds knock me out and I was fast asleep when it came on)..... I had heard terrific things about it and hope to pick up his book since I missed it. He's been such an inspiration to those, not just with Parkinson's, but also to those with debilitating ailments.... a true fighter in every sense.

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"