Author Topic: This Week (1/25) in the World of the Surly AN  (Read 1789 times)

LADavid

This Week (1/25) in the World of the Surly AN
« on: January 25, 2009, 07:32:37 pm »
Busy week.

It started off today with the LA ANer's -- Nancy (NL), Linda (Linda Harper), her husband Brian, and me (Lainie and Francesco were nursing colds and didn't want to expose Rick) -- getting together for lunch with Rick (QRM) from Singapore and his beautiful wife Jane and their sweet daughter.  It was great.  Pictures from Nancy and Linda coming soon.

Tomorrow, Monday, Jen (JWH) is having a translab at NYU.  She enjoyed surgery so much the first time, she's going back for more  ;).  Best wishes for a successful surgery, Jen.

Also tomorrow, Bernadette (Bern) from Harrisburg is having her second MRI.  Best wishes for a clean scan.  And hum Comfortably Numb to get you through it.

On Tuesday, Neal (nteeman) from Port Washington NY is having surgery at Mt Sinai in NYC.  Best wishes to you Neal, for a great surgery.

Then on Wednesday, Rick (QRM) is up for a translab at St Vincents here in LA.  Good luck Rick.  We'll see you on the postie side.  Remember the ice chips.

Thursday, Keri is having a translab at the University of Maryland.  Best wishes Keri for a successful surgery and quick recovery.  Keep us posted.

Then on Friday, it's Debbi's 53rd Birthday!!!!  Happy Birthday Debbi!.

Like I said, a busy week.  And looking at where most of the action is -- a very cold one.  Be thankful you're here, Rick.

Have a great week everyone.

David
Right ear tinnitus w/80% hearing loss 1985.
Left ear 40% hearing loss 8/07.
1.5 CM Translab Rt ear.
Sort of quiet around here.
http://my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Linda Harper

Re: This Week (1/25) in the World of the Surly AN
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 09:21:27 pm »
David and Nancy,

I can't thank you enough for sharing your time, experiences, attitudes and spirit with me. This kind of support is as important as any of the care we desire and need for this uninvited adventure.

All, I am four and a half months post surgery and except for missing perfect "taste", (I am passionate about my food and wine), and adjusting to the noise, in place of the lost hearing, I realized today, how well I am doing!  Thank you.

Rick, we are cheering you on and please let Jane and Rain know that we will be right there in spirit, at House with you all, on Wednesday. You are in really good hands.

Thank you all for your support and friendship!  Until the next time...for all the small stuff that comes up in your life, you can put it in perspective by saying..."well it isn't brain surgery"!

Cheers and good health to all ANA members!

Linda
Linda
Age 57
2.55 CM Right AN
Removed 10.15.08
Lost Hearing - No Baja at this time

wendysig

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 07:07:00 pm »
Jen, you've been on my mind all day,I hope eveyrthing went well.

Bern - Congratulations again on getting such great news!

Neal - Again, my very best for tomorrow.  Think positive thoughts before you know it your surgery will be over and you'll be a postie.  Looking forward to hearing from you.

Rick - Wishing you the very best Wednesday -- you will be in my thoughts and prayers.  I hope your wife or someone will let us know how you are.

Kerri - I'm sending good vibes and my best wishes for your surgery on Thursday.  I hope someone will be posting for your and look forward to hearing how you are doing.

Debbi -- I'm wishing you a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY! in advance, but I know I won't forget to do it again on Friday! 

Wendy

1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

wendysig

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 07:07:59 pm »
P.S.  David -- Thanks fo the update!

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 06:43:42 am »
Many treatments and follow ups this week... sending wellness wishes and speedy recoveries to all.... and we know of bern's outcome of her MRI... GREAT news!

and Deb... HAPPY BURPDAY! :)

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 07:41:30 am »
First of all, good wises and prayers to all having treatment this week. 

Hopefull Jen and Neal are already on the mend. 

Rick, you're up today - good luck! 

Keri, I'm sending all the good "ju-ju" your way tomorrow!

On Friday, I'll celebrate evryone's good outcomes!

Deb
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com