Author Topic: Attn: Calgary and area people  (Read 1762 times)

C Bourne

Attn: Calgary and area people
« on: April 15, 2010, 11:01:09 am »
Hello everyone, my name is Cyndi and I live near Calgary, Alberta. Unfortunately the ANAC message boards are not well used, and there is no chapter group for Calgary.   I'm fairly new on here, and recently posted a summary of my experiences http://anausa.org/forum/index.php?topic=11950.msg140353#msg140353 and was contacted by a few people who live near me.   I was thinking it might be great to get together for a coffee/chat to share experiences and info - very informal.  If anyone's interested, please contact me and I'll try to set something up for all of us.  Thanks!

-Cyndi-
Jun '09 - Left AN diagnosed 14mm
May '10 - FSR via Novalis (25 sessions) Foothills Hospital, Calgary. Deemed successful!
Aug '13 - facial pain - diagnosed w/ Trigeminal Neuralgia caused by AN crushing Tri nerve
Oct 26/15 - Retrosigmoid surgery - partial AN removal. Facial impact hoping short-term.

C Bourne

Re: Attn: Calgary and area people
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 03:20:34 pm »
Well looks like I won't be needing to set up anything as ANAC has announced a Calgary meeting!

---------------------------------------------------------------
GREATER CALGARY AREA
ANAC CHAPTER MEETING
SATURDAY MAY 29, 2010 @
1:00 PM TO 3:00 PM
FOOTHILLS ALLIANCE CHURCH
333 Edgepark Blvd.
N.W. Calgary, AB

Hello Calgary! This invitation is going out to those AN patients in and around the greater Calgary area. We are very pleased to announce that we have interest in starting a Chapter in Calgary.  Ivy has agreed to be a Chapter Leader and has arranged for the first meeting to take place in Calgary on Saturday, May 29th. This meeting is intended to foster positive relationships, discussion, information and support to those individuals who have experienced acoustic neuroma. We hope that those of you who are within travelling distance of Calgary will be able to join us.

For further information or to rsvp please call ANAC National Office 1‐800‐561‐2622 or by email (info@anac.ca)
Ivy looks forward to meeting you! Please confirm no later than May 24th.
Melanie Sexsmith
National Coordinator
---------------------------------------------------------------

Hope to see any Calgary area people there!
May '10 - FSR via Novalis (25 sessions) Foothills Hospital, Calgary. Deemed successful!
Aug '13 - facial pain - diagnosed w/ Trigeminal Neuralgia caused by AN crushing Tri nerve
Oct 26/15 - Retrosigmoid surgery - partial AN removal. Facial impact hoping short-term.

C Bourne

Re: Attn: Calgary and area people
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:57:33 pm »
Just a quick reminder of the Calgary area ANAC meeting this Saturday - details in post above.

See you there!