Author Topic: This Week 6/20/10 in the AN World  (Read 1810 times)

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
This Week 6/20/10 in the AN World
« on: June 20, 2010, 12:45:43 pm »
Saturday 6/19 we attended the second support group meeting in Chicopee, Massachusetts, hosted by fellow forum member Lisa (LisaP).  Our very own Jim (Jim Scott) gave a wonderful presentation on how to use the ANA site, and this discussion forum.  Fellow forum member Julianne (Julianne) illustrated the Phonak Crosslink / Oticon Hearing Aid combination that she uses, explaining how they worked, and shared her personal experiences with the devises.  Thank you Lisa, Jim, Julianne, and all that attended for a great event.  Special thanks to Lisa’s daughter and Tina for their technical assistance of the presentation.

Last Week:

Congratulations Jackie (Jackie) we were very happy to read that the angiogram procedure you had on 6/17 for the treatment of a brain aneurysm was a complete success.

THIS WEEK:

Monday 6/21 Vincent (vinsterman) is having translab surgery.  Vincent you will be in our thoughts and prayers tomorrow for a successful and uncomplicated surgery.  We also hope that your recovery is swift.

Saturday 6/26 Danielle (inmaine724) will be having two separate MRIs.  We hope you have great results.  Please let us know how you make out.

Also on Saturday 6/26, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Steve (sgerrard).  Not really, but hey why not have a little fun ;D ;D

As always, we hope that the days gets easier for everyone as they continue to recover.

Happy Father’s Day,

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: This Week 6/20/10 in the AN World
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 02:01:56 pm »
Hey, Rich ~

It was great having you and Scarlett at the Springfield AN support group meeting on Saturday (6/19).  I'm so pleased to learn that my presentation was helpful and I enjoyed the meeting. Kudos to Lisa P. for her efforts in putting it together.

Thoughts and prayers go out (and up) to/for Vincent as he approaches Translab surgery on Monday (21st). 

I hope that Danielle's upcoming MRI scans will give4 her the kind of results she wants.  Congratulations to Jackie on her successful angiogram procedure, last week.

I hope all the dads had a great Father's Day on Sunday.  I did. 

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

Rich56

• a caregiver's 2-cents
Re: This Week 6/20/10 in the AN World
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 01:49:23 pm »
Lita (Lita) is having middle fossa surgery tomorrow in NY.  Lita our thoughts and prayers will be with you for a successful surgery.

Rich & Scarlett
SML (Scarlett's) other half, she had - 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm Cystic AN - Right side
Retrosigmoid on 3/18/09 at MGH in Boston, MA. Dr. Barker & Dr. Lee of MGH/MEEI
no facial issues, SSD right side, balance issues to work on.
The AN Calendar is here: http://www.my.calendars.net/AN_Treatments