Author Topic: good to be back  (Read 2179 times)

wife4life

• well, it could have been worse!
good to be back
« on: March 16, 2012, 01:38:38 pm »
So, I am finally back online here.  So much has happened since my surgery- I have lost touch with just about everyone- and I apologize.  I started by searching old posts to try to remember the usernames of everyone.  Its gonna take me some time i guess.  I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and anyone who remembers me!  Hope I can get some replies and reconnect with everyone  ;D
3cm leftsided an
surgery scheduled 6-29-06
charlotte nc
**complete resection of tumor, total left side facial paralysis,total hearing loss**

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: good to be back
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 01:56:13 pm »
Hi, Kim ~

Welcome back!

We registered here at approximately the same time (June, 2006) and indeed, there have been a lot of changes and, of course, lots of 'new' people posting.  Looking over your posts from 2006 helped me recall that you were quite active here with a lot of friends.  I trust that in the intervening years, things have gone well.  We'll look forward to updates from you and hope you'll be back often.  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 09:34:34 pm »
Hello there! Glad to meet an new "oldie" here on the forum! :)  (Or is that and old "Newbie?) Anyways...in the case of this place the more the merrier! Looking forward to hearing from you in the future!  Take care!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 05:11:55 am »
Kim

I certainly remember and welcome back! :)  Wow, a blast from the past, eh?  :) Good to see you again! As you can see, things have changed abit around here.... added some Moderation, few subforums....... but as always, supportive and helpful. I know your AN journey could benefit someone who may be recently diagnosed or enduring some of the same things you may have experienced, so here's looking forward to your participation here when you can.

Welcome back!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"