Author Topic: A place to vent  (Read 81667 times)

Dana

• Hi!
Re: A place to vent
« Reply #240 on: August 24, 2007, 08:00:30 pm »
Brendalu,

Ditto to Phyl's HUGGLES.

Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #241 on: August 25, 2007, 02:21:13 pm »
I promise I won't post for at least a month.  Yesterday my baby, Sara's Sunshine Lady. my fawn Pug of ten years passed away.  She was young for a Pug and very small, under ten pounds.  Tomorrow we are having a family gathering to say our goodbyes.  She was buried in her favorite spot in the yard, in her favorite pink sundress.  (she loved clothes and pearls)  Once again I feel as though my heart has been ripped out of my chest.  Thanks for listening.
Brendalu
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #242 on: August 26, 2007, 10:04:25 pm »
Brendalu,

As I have said before - Life sucks some times.

hugs and cuddles from down under.

Laz
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

Ellenmn

« Reply #243 on: August 27, 2007, 06:38:56 am »
Well yesterday was both frustrating and embarrassing. My husband and I had several things to do, so he went his way and I went mine. First thing was to go to Sam's club. When I got there they weren't open for another 1/2 hr so I went to a coffee shop close by. When I got there I sat in my car to look for a gift card I had. After having my coffee I realized I had locked my keys in the car. I didn't want to call my husband so I decided to walk the 2.5 miles home and get the spare key. Well part of the way doesn't have a sidewalk and it's along a main road. I was trying to walk along the curb up on the grass and lost my balance and fell into the road and hurt my left hand. Luckily it was early enough in the day that the traffic was still light. So I'm typing this with one hand. I started typing it last night and so how wiped it out when I was almost done so I just left the computer alone. This short memory and balance issue can sure be a pain sometimes.

Went to the doctors this afternoon and I have a fracture in my hand so I’ll be typing one handed for awhile.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 06:28:54 pm by Ellenmn »

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #244 on: August 27, 2007, 07:00:00 am »
Ellenmn -

recovering from AN surgery can definitely be a pain and it sounds like yesterday was a good example of that.  Along the way, I've found that "frustrating" has become a big part of my vocabulary.  But, thankfully, I've found that with time, things get better.  My balance is much better today than it was a month ago, and although I still have short term memory issues now and then, that has gotten better also.  I hope you find the same is true with you.

Hang in there, learn to laugh at things you can't control (you'll feel better), and take care of your hand.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #245 on: August 27, 2007, 07:48:30 am »
hugs to you BrendaLu

I have a catahoula dog... CD...short for compact dog which is what he was when I got him
and he could fit down in my shoe...

he will be 15 in November ... his body posture and shape have changed over last year or so... within a week
of my surgery he went totally deaf... we live in the sticks and he has been my ears for years warning
me that someone is coming up the drive...

at first I thought why now did he lose his hearing when I need him more than ever... but got to thinking that
I know he is old and can't live for ever... maybe his going deaf was to prepare me for him not being there for
me in the near future... a weaning off of dependence of sorts...

Our pets can become family... he has listened to me and been there through a bad divorce and wagged his
tail for me when I remarried a great man and had more kids to see after when I had my two youngest kids ... it
seems he has been with me forever... I already miss him... I still talk to him when we are together... but he rather
tag after my husband and the girls around the farm...I put him on a run if no one is with him ... scared he will
go to road or not hear a cow coming up behind him...

I know your heart is broken...mine is already cracking and that day hasn't got to me yet...

(((hugs))))
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Dana

• Hi!
« Reply #246 on: August 27, 2007, 11:37:18 am »
Dear Brendalu,
Life is so difficult sometimes.  I can't imagine experiencing the deaths of so many loved ones so close in time, both this month and in August's past.  But please know I feel your pain.  My brother and sister Shelties died on the same day in '04, one from a medical problem, then an hour later her brother jumped the fence and was hit by a car.  I still shake my head in disbelief. 

I've recently changed depression meds from Zoloft, which has a dulling effect, to a more 'modern' one, and it's allowing me to grieve more deeply, but I am grateful that I was on Zoloft thru deaths of both my beloved parents, my hubby and my two doggies.  The deaths of babies is, as far as I'm concerned, absolutely the most difficult; I've had two very close friends who lost babies, one at 7 days, one at 4 years after being born with genetic problems. 

So, please know I'm thinking of you.  There are no comforting words I can think of, but please know you're not alone.
Dana
1.5 cm AN diagnosed June 2007.   GammaKnife July 19, 2007 at Univ. of Washington/Harborview GK Center, Drs. Rockhill, Rostomily. 
After yearly MRIs for 5 years, it hadn't died. So I'm now leaning strongly toward surgery.

matti

« Reply #247 on: August 28, 2007, 07:29:23 pm »
Brendalu - My thoughts and prayers are with you.

I am feeling sort of a loss myself as I am now an empty nester. My youngest son left for college on Saturday and I am an emotional mess, the house is so quiet and empty, I hate being here. I actually made it through 5 hours with crying today. What's weird is that there are thousands of books on preparing for babies, etc..., but no one really talks about what to do when they leave. I know I will always be a mom, but not in the role I am used to.

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #248 on: August 28, 2007, 07:33:51 pm »
Cheryl

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{HUGGLES}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

xxoxo
Me, CB and Cosmo's virtual girlfriend
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #249 on: August 28, 2007, 10:03:05 pm »
Cheryl,

I wanna know if anyone has written Parenting 101?

Having kids is tough enough but their are significant issues at the other end too.

Our eldest daughter is 24 and we pushed her out (she needed to see what life was really about) anyway, she has just bought a place with her boyfriend but just down the road from us. My wife and I have been thinking of moving to another State in Oz but this as quickly squashed coz of the paternal thing. So understand where you are coming from.

Hopefully you will feel better as time progesses and you replace the empty nest with other activities.

lots hugs

Laz
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW

Soundy

• prophetic picture done by my 5 year old, June'04
« Reply #250 on: August 29, 2007, 07:51:29 am »
I skipped the empty nesting first time around ... had two little girls about the time my older kids
were beginning to fly off  :)

I won't admit it often but I miss my boys... they are 29 , 27 year old twins and 26... they and I were
an island against an abusive father and husband ... super close ... miss them but didn't get overwhelmed
by it because I had the girls to take care of ... and three live within 10 miles so it isn't like that landed far off

remarried a good guy that accepted them all... then started over in 1997 with birth of first daughter
and then youngest ( and Last ) in 1999...

When the oldest and youngest boy had their birthday on the 25 of august , I thought how did I get a
29 year old child and have a 8 year old too...I will be old and worn out by the time the girls leave that
I may not notice ...my husband told them they could live here forever...

Now I am trying to figure if the girls are keeping me young or aging me ... I think a bit of both
3mm AN discovered Aug 2004
Translab July 2 ,2007
3.2cm x 2.75cm x 3.3cm @ time of surgery

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #251 on: August 31, 2007, 05:13:28 pm »
Brendalu,
I am sure your little Sunshine Lady is frolicing around in Doggie Heaven right this moment with my veterinarian Dad "Dr Ed." Doggie Heaven is where he always wanted to go since he figured that's where all the fun would be. He said so many times. She's in good company. I had a rough August. Would've been his 80th birthday. I know he and Ursa shared a birthday chocolate cake! Wish they both were here. Chin up, babe!

Huggles,
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Windsong

Re: A place to vent...ordinary life.....
« Reply #252 on: September 16, 2007, 05:10:08 pm »
Bobble.. bobble, bobble.....

Hi!

This is an ordinary thing.... but what a reminder of ordinary life.....

Yeah...I have a stuffed roast in the oven, (courtesy local happy butcher),   veggies too, (tossed in their own olive oil and herb concoction),  and strawberries drizzled with this  marinade on them and other stuff waiting and all I wanna do is crawl into bed 'cause I have a cold.  .... (guests cancelled , one for being called in to work and the rest 'cause of me....Been years without  this kind of cold)...how can anybody go years lol without a cold like I did the last few years? well, it was good I did, but this is no fun,  now). Definitely different from the An stuff  .....

Anyhoo, what's normal body temp anyway? ( I can't remember)  Mine says under 36 c...

windsong

yardtick

• I have to keep smiling, or else I WILL cry.
« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2007, 05:52:35 pm »
Windsong,

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well.  Normal temp is 37.  Keep warm.  I made chili toady, stuffed a huge capon, mashed potoates, honey glazed carrots, and salad.  Its been a long time since I've cooked that amount of food.  Oh yeah, did a bit a shopping and laundry also.

Yuck, tomorrow is that dreaded four letter word WORK!!

You need some good old  homemade chicken soup :-[

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Anne Marie

P.S.  Could it be allergies?
Sept 8/06 Translab
Post surgical headaches, hemifacial spasms and a scar neuroma. 
Our we having fun YET!!! 
Watch & Wait for more fun & games

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
« Reply #254 on: September 20, 2007, 04:42:50 pm »
Whats with this OJ Simpson charachter? ooks like he is dang unlucky and happens to be a police scapegoat or he is a mnace and thinks he's greater than whoever the greatest being is.

I can relate to sporting cult heroes coz I luv my sport but he gets more air time in Oz than the poor troops over in the middle east.

Laz
Chronologer of the PBW