Author Topic: 5 weeks post op, new to forum  (Read 4080 times)

wendysig

Re: 5 weeks post op, new to forum
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2008, 07:55:57 am »
Hi Catherine,
Welcome to this forum -- the club everyone wishes they didn't need to join but is thankful it is here.  I'm glad you've found it to be such a great source of information and support.   I'm also glad to hear your surgery went so well and that you are doing so well on a whole.  I have had neck pain and  pain behind my AN ear, as well as pain in my upper back.  My doc said it is all most likely related to the surgerybut should settle down once the swelling from the surgery subsides -- I also know  he moved the muscles in my neck rather than cutting them.  Heat wraps and ibprophine (spelling?) have been a huge help.  I have also been seeing a chiropractor for my back and although she is not allowed to manipulate my neck (the doc says it's too soon for that but gave me his blessing otherwise) it has helped enormously.  You don't mention back pain, but if you have it, perhaps a chiropractor would help.  I've also heard from another friend on another forum that acupuncture can also help.  If your medical coverage will pay for it, it might be worth a try.

Best wishes,
Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!