Author Topic: intermittant csf leak  (Read 2531 times)

rntiggergirl

intermittant csf leak
« on: February 14, 2006, 09:42:00 pm »
Hi everyone-
Has anyone been diagnosed with an intermittant csf leak.  I have episodes of clear fluid leaking from the left side of my nose (surgical side), the fluid is very salty and also drains down the back of my throat.  This usually happens after excercise and is accompanied by a headache behind my left eye and dizziness/nasea.  Has anyone had this happen to them? I have had 2 surgeries on the left side: AN mid fossa 12/03 and surgery going in behind my ear to cut my balance nerve for chronic unsteadiness 7/05. 

Cheryl

Larry

• Scallywags Rule
    • Chronologer of the PBW
Re: intermittant csf leak
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 03:39:55 pm »
Cheryl,

You need to see your neurosergeon about this. be careful with any CSF leak. It may be nothing (hopefully) but it could also be a calm before the storm. I'm not trying to scare you but get it checked out.

Larry
2.0cm AN removed Nov 2002.
Dr Chang St Vincents, Sydney
Australia. Regrowth discovered
Nov 2005. Watch and wait until 2010 when I had radiotherapy. 20% shrinkage and no change since - You beauty
Chronologer of the PBW
http://www.frappr.com/laz

wanderer

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 04:58:17 pm »
There was a person who had recurring CSF leaks for several years.   I forget where exactly I read their story.

They under went several surgeries.   I believe in the end the doctors said they would just need to wait and see if it healed on it's own as none of the approaches had worked.

It may have been here, I'm not real sure.

Katja

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 02:45:34 pm »
I was operated with AN in Jun 04 3.5cm tumor right ear loosing my hearing. In Sept 04 I had CSI leek from my right ear and I had 2nd operation. Since november 04 I had some fluid from my right side from my nose. I did not give any attention to that actually until FEb 05. It was diagnosed to be again CSI leek and I was operated 3rd time in Mar 05.  :P Now, touch the wood, I think I am ok. I only feel like my ear inside is getting full of liquid when sometimes lying on right side... Normal who knows... ::)
3.5cm tumor right side. Oper. Jun04 lost hearing, CSF leak oper. Sep04 & Mar05. :-*