Author Topic: 9 days away and I have no PATIENCE! HELP....  (Read 4009 times)

MAlegant

• 50th birthday party pic
Re: 9 days away and I have no PATIENCE! HELP....
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2009, 09:09:47 am »
Yeah, my house was pretty clean as well, but I took particular pride in my sofa cushions.  They were absolutely showroom quality--no creases, perfectly placed. It's so funny to think of it now, and you should see them now; even funnier!  As a fellow-control freak I agree that you just need to let it all go.  Put your faith in God or whatever higher power and your trust in your doctors.  Be calm and let it all just happen.

Thinking of you,
Marci
3cmx4cm trigeminal neuroma, involved all the facial nerves, dx July 8, 2008, tx July 22, 2008, home on July 24, 2008. Amazing care at University Hospitals in Cleveland.

wendysig

« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2009, 09:18:07 am »
Hi Jen,
Thinking back on it, I also wanted the house in perfect condition, the fridge and       fully stocked and all the laundry and ironing done.  It just made me feel better knowing I had taken care of my familyas much as I could  before I went into the hospital.  I knew it would make me feel better to come home to a clean house and a lot less like I had to do "my share" when I came home.  If cleaning makes you feel better it's certainly a great outlet for teh  excess energy brought on by stress, , but try to do some fun things too.  Go see a movie, go out with friends, etc.  I got together with so many friends the week before my surgery I was almost (but not quite) able to put the surgery totally out of my mind.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

Cheryl R

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2009, 09:38:41 am »
Before surgery one, You wouldn't believe all I had done to my house.      Old bills thrown away,the linen closet done to perfection, all done in case I never made it.               Surgeries 2 thru 4 had a rather clean house and that was it as knew I was going to make it.           The first one in 2001 was waiting from August to Nov with no stories on the previous type forum of any good outcomes.    I was a basket case about how life would be afterwards.         I feel very grateful I have done fairly well in spite of NF2 making its surprising appearance.         I could be much worse off even with some annoying issues.
                                                        Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care

Denisex2boys

« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2009, 06:41:36 pm »
Awe ((((HUGS)))) sweetie!  Could I have written your post - - I was given two weeks notice for surgery and thank goodness it was not longer - I was a complete basket case and worked up until 2 days before surgery.  I too have young kids and I was so nervous - I did not have anything for the anxiety - thusly I kept working - but I cried at the drop of a hat - my work, friends and family were absolutely wonderful and they totally understood the nervousness I felt - - and even though I also knew this surgery was a very safe procedure I also couldn't help with the 'what-ifs' and that certainnly did not help either - - I think I lost 5 lbs before surgery from the nervous stomach ..... but the day came and I was SOOOOO' calm - and so relieved to know that this 'thing' that I had known about for over a year in my head was FINALLY coming out!

What you are feeling is very normal and you will get through it - just try to keep busy - and a nice glass of Shiraz helps too!  :)
- Oct. 16/08 - 12 hour 'blob-ectomy' at LHSC in London, ON - Dr. Lownie and Parnes
- Some internal facial numbness (cheek, tongue, eye), SSD, headaches (getting better), dry eye, some balance issues..... but othwise AWESOME!

Keeping Up

« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2009, 08:38:44 pm »
Glad I am still in the waiting phase.  The decision is hard enough.  I simply cannot imagine the wait.  If and when I walk this post, I will guarantee I will post a very very similar post.

Can you watch a huge series of movies - for hours and hours on end????  I have always wanted to watch the whole Lord of the Rings or maybe Harry Potter, all right in a row.

Good luck.
dx Dec/08 - 5mm x 8mm AN
'watch and wait'

chocolatetruffle

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2009, 12:28:32 am »
hang in there!!! you are almost there!!!  I remember i was a wreck too - a control wreck that is, i was busy scheduling, writing down list of things to do, organizing, cleaning, getting ready for my surgery, getting ready for my post surgery, getting ready for whatever happens after my surgery.  it helped to calm me down, so do whatever feels right to you and to get you to that comfort zone. On the way there, don't forget to breath, smell the roses, find your good karma hat and put it on, and just go with the flow. Good luck!!!
chocolatetruffle

2.8 cm left AN
Translab @ House/St Vincent's 11/27/07
Drs. Brackmann, Schwartz, Wilkinson, Stefan

deblyvers

« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2009, 03:30:51 pm »
Hey there...sounds like you have gotten some good advice :) I've been were you are now. My children at the time were young and yes they really got on my nerves. You are normal.....I to went crazy with the house, I scrubbed my stove which had been neglected and my sister from Ark. came to stay with me so she helped a lot on keeping my mind off of the surgery. Just hang in there and pray, pray, pray...God is good.

Blessings,
Deblyvers
From Ky