Author Topic: 9 month follow up MRI today  (Read 4015 times)

skamper

• Disneyworld with my girls!
9 month follow up MRI today
« on: January 18, 2011, 09:11:18 pm »
 :)
Had my 9 month follow up MRI after Translab surgery in April. The doc's left in a small amount of tumor to prevent facial damage.  Results back today showed shrinkage since July MRI!  Woot Woot!  Great news for me today.  I was so glad to see that picture, it looks so small compared to the actual tumor before surgery. 
I don't need to go back for a year for the next one.  So glad the MRI is over, I sorta started out with a panic, luckily I was able to calm myself down and not have to chicken out.  I just wanted it over with and told myself I could do it.  So glad I did.
Thanks everyone for the constant support and prayers.
Monday I get my BAHA, next big moment!!!
Susan
Diagnosed 12-09
AN right side 2.3 x 2.6 x 1.9
97% balance loss, minimal hearing loss
Surgery 4-2-10 at Methodist Hospital, Dr. Long and Moore
1.5 cm tumor left on 7 nerve.  Gamma knife 1-2013

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: 9 month follow up MRI today
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2011, 09:19:47 pm »
Wow, Susan!

A good MRI and a BAHA Gotcha Day.  Two great things to celebrate!

Congrats!   ;D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

skamper

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 09:30:36 pm »
I know Jan, it's awesome.  Thanks!
Diagnosed 12-09

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 09:32:58 pm »
Sometimes life is good  ;D
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

james e

• 72 years, 1.7cm, trans lab Mar 2010, BAHA 5
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2011, 11:02:54 am »
Susan, I have kept up with your posts because we both became aware we had an AN within a few days of each other, and we both had our surgeries about the same time. When I read your post that you were waiting on your MRI followup, I just crossed my fingers that you would get good news. Great news for you! I'm really happy for you. I have not had an MRI since surgery, but will probably have one in March. None of my tumor was left, so I am not concerned about re-growth. I had cataract surgery since then, so I brag to people that I have a bionic ear (BAHA) and a bionic eye. I also added two new grandkids so life is really great for me too.

I know you will be pleased with your BAHA. As you say "Woot Woot" for you.

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2011, 03:21:17 pm »
Susan ~

Congratulations on your very encouraging MRI report (shrinkage!) and your upcoming BAHA acquisition.  Great way to start the new year!  :)

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

skamper

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 07:32:57 pm »
Wow, thanks James.  I didn't know we were so close with surgies and all.  And yes, it was a great out come.  Glad to hear you are doing well too.  That's great.

Jim, yes, this is a great way to start the new year!

Thanks again everyone,
Susan
Diagnosed 12-09

alicia

• it is well
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 04:33:22 pm »
Awwwww...Susan I am so happy for you!!!!  ;D
02/16/18 III to IV post GK Facial Paralysis
12/13/17 Gamma Knife
05/19/09 Translab Larger than expected - Drs used the word "tangerine"   House - Friedman and Schwartz
04/02/09 Diagnosed Left AN 3.2cm x 2.6cm x 2.7cm

jaylogs

• Administrator
  • It's NOT a too-mah! (Anymore!)
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 06:06:00 pm »
That's awesome news Susan!! Isn't it great to be able to appreciate these kinds of things these days? :)  I hope your BAHA works great for you!  Take care!
Jay
8.1mm x 7.8mm x 8.2mm AN, Left Ear, Middle Fossa surgery performed on 12/9/09 at House by Drs. Brackmann/Schwartz. Some hearing left, but got BAHA 2/25/11 (Ponto Pro) To see how I did through my Middle Fossa surgery, click here: http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/jaylogston

skamper

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2011, 10:15:03 pm »
Thanks Alicia and Jay, it is great to get a little good news once in awhile.  We just received a call from my husbands dad today, my mother in law suffered another mini stroke on Wed.  She is still in the hospital and will hopefully go home next week.  I always say, what I have and went through is nothing compared to what others may indure.  She is 80 years old and has now suffered at least 4 strokes.  Please pray for Jane and our family.
God Bless,
Susan
Diagnosed 12-09

kraynok2

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2011, 07:26:42 pm »
Great knews Susan!   :)  I will pray for your mother-in-law.  Sandy

ksiwek

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 01:57:53 pm »
Susan,

CONGRATS!!!!  Thank you for posting your news on the shrinkage!  It helps me stay optimistic that my little sliver will disappear :)  (I had surgery a month after you...no regrowth at my 6 month MRI!)  Keep us posted on how you like your BAHA!  I am still getting used to mine and have a little further to go on my sking healing (long story), but I LOVE having the device...for me it does help!!!!  Best to you!  Congrats again on such wonderful news!
Translab 6/4/10 for 4+ cm left AN.  Drs Friedman and Schwartz at HEI saved my life!
BAHA surgery on 10/7/10 with Dr Battista of Chicago Ear Institute (Oticon Ponto Pro)

wendysig

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2011, 09:28:00 pm »
Susan,

Congratulations on getting a good report following your MRI!  It's always a little nerve wracking going into the tube of gloom, but when the news is good, you have a reason to celebrate.  Congratulations on getting your BAHA shortly too.  It's made a real difference in my life and that of many others.  It may not be quite as good as natural hearing, but a lot better than being SSD.  Let us know how you like it.

Wendy
1.3 cm at time of diagnosis -  April 9, 2008
2 cm at time of surgery
SSD right side translabyrinthine July 25, 2008
Mt. Sinai Hospital, New York, NY
Extremely grateful for the wonderful Dr. Choe & Dr. Chen
BAHA surgery 1/5/09
Doing great!

lauralynn

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 03:38:36 pm »
Hi Susan,

I came to the forum today to look up posts regarding the BAHA.  I'm hoping you can share w/me your experience with it so far.  I had a translab done in April of 2009 and they were supposed to do the implant then but the BAHA was never ordered.  I have held off getting it just because I've had alot of other issues from the surgery and so I'm very hesitant to have another procedure done.  I know I am so tired of asking people to repeat what they say.  Telling my kids that they are talking to the "bad ear" and that I can't hear a thing.  Is the tinnitus the same...mine is very loud.  Just wondering if it's worth getting the procedure done...hope it's been a positive outcome for you.

God Bless,

Laura Lynn
4 cm left AN/diagnosed 1/23/09
Translab 4/14/09
Cyberknife 7/09
Gold weight implant 8/09
Barrow Neurological Institute, Phoenix
Dr. Syms and Dr. Porter
Balance issues, 100% hearingl loss (left ear), tinnitus, facial numbness/pain,
chronic fatigue, weakness, eye issues

God Bless everyone