Author Topic: Noise cancelling headphones  (Read 2200 times)

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
Noise cancelling headphones
« on: March 08, 2006, 11:57:56 am »
I'm trying out a pair of my friends Bose QuietComfort 2's today to see if they help with the assaultive noise around the office (I have a lot of stand and gabbers) that gets me irritable because it makes it feel like there's more pressure in my head than normal.  Anyone try this as a way to reduce the stress of being in loud places?  What brand did you try and what worked for you?  I can still hear noise, but it isn't bothering me as much with these on...so far anyway. 
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

minnkris

Re: Noise cancelling headphones
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2006, 12:11:22 pm »
Do these headphones involve music? Cause we can't have tunes where I work (darn it). Anyway, I work at printing company, so I just keep a stash of the earplugs from the production floor at my desk. When things get too bad, I just pop one in my left (AN) ear and that really helps me a lot. I actually keep a baggie full in my purse for all occasions.
8mm x 6mm AN left side
GK August, 2005

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2006, 12:43:07 pm »
No, they just reduce the ambient noise.  I can still have face to face conversations and understand people.  I've been using earplugs but after a while my ear itches and the earplugs drive me batty too.  I have to wear earplugs at home because I have parrots and I can't tolerate the noise anymore.  These are clunkier, but I don't have the itch problem.

minnkris

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 12:47:38 pm »
Thanks for the info, I'll be anxious to hear how these headphone work. I have partial hearing and tinitus in my AN (left) ear. Loud noises are actually painfull (as others have noted on this site) and make the tinnitus and that plugged feeling so much worse.
8mm x 6mm AN left side
GK August, 2005

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2006, 10:06:57 am »
OK, my concensus is that I like them.  They don't bother my ear, which is VERY important, they cut enough noise that I don't feel pressure in my ear canal, and I can hear enough that I can hold face to face conversations with them on.  It helped a lot with the high-pitched parrot noise at home too.  I just wish I knew if the cheaper ones worked as good....but, my fairy godmother has come to the rescue, my mom wants me comfortable and not stressed so she volunteered to pick some up for me.  Yea for moms!!!!   My co-workers gave me a lot of weird looks, but when I explained how it was helping me, they were all for it.  I look like such a geek though, walking around with huge old school style headphones on and Z-coil shoes.  he he he.

minnkris

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2006, 10:29:42 am »
I love your Mom!! I guess I'll take a look at them. Thanks again for the info.
8mm x 6mm AN left side
GK August, 2005