Author Topic: riding a bike ? can you...  (Read 6738 times)

sunfish

Re: riding a bike ? can you...
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2012, 08:02:18 am »
I'm a triathlete, and I ride a road bike with my feet clipped in.  Wonky head and all!!  The scariest part is getting on and off the bike.  Once I'm going down the road, I'm fine.  But I'm much more careful than I was before the AN.

On another note - a couple years before my AN, I crashed my road bicycle.  I wasn't going very fast.  Really.  Took the hardest hit of my life to my right temple.  The helmet looked like someone hit me with a baseball bat.  Trip to the hospital in the ambulance after I wasn't able to remember my last name for the emergency responders!  Minor concussion, but . . .

ALWAYS WEAR A HELMET!
Rt. side 14mm x 11mm near brain stem
Severe higher frequency hearing loss
I use a hearing aid (Dot 20 by Resound)
Balance issues improving!!!!
Cyberknife March17, 2010
Roper Hospital Cancer Center, Charleston, SC

Chances3

Re: riding a bike ? can you...
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2012, 11:20:52 am »
This October is my two year anniversary - I'm still afraid to try the bike.  Jak1 that bike is awesome !!
I love all the posts, here is my two cents.  Did you think of trying the bike with training wheels ?
Once you get some more strength and confidence, you can raise the wheels a little each time, so that
you still have the safety, but you become more in control.  After plenty of practice, take them off !