Author Topic: Are symptoms related?  (Read 2232 times)

tc

Are symptoms related?
« on: September 09, 2005, 05:55:56 pm »
I was just diagnosed with an 10.5mm AN via MRI.  I had been having a constant headache for the last 3 months on the right side of my head and radiating to the back of my head and down my neck.  My right ear has been having periods that it felt plugged and I seem to have pressure behind my right eye when I look to the right.   My general practioner got concerned and oredered an MRI.  Are these type of symptoms common with an AN? Will surgery to remove the tumor releive the symptoms?
TAM

jamie

Re: Are symptoms related?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2005, 11:07:41 pm »
I had alot of similar symptoms to what you describe with my schwannoma, which is a little bit lower than an AN. I had earaches that radiated into headaches, especially in the morning, as well as the full feeling in the ear. I also started to have pain right behind my left eye after too much time on the computer. Immediately after my cyberknife radiosurgery, all the pain was gone. I sleep through the night and wake up completely pain free. I can't speak for surgery, but my symptoms subsided right away with radiosurgery, without any skin being broken! Don't let neurosurgeons scare you with misinformation and myths about radiosurgery, it's in their best interest to do so. Do your research and make a treatment decision that's best for you, and make that decision only after you're completely informed about your options. Good luck! 
CyberKnife radiosurgery at Barrow Neurological Institute; 2.3 cm lower cranial nerve schwannoma