Author Topic: MRI results  (Read 4204 times)

davjack

• Spinning out of control
MRI results
« on: May 07, 2012, 02:01:51 pm »
Just got my MRI in March and still no growth and no change. Very happy about that  ;D
But I have had an awful winter. Allergy and sinus problems...I will be glad to see the summer.

There is something I don't understand about AN's...why do symptoms come and go? For instance, I would on occasion get the face tingling and it goes away. Yesterday I had it all day and it just sort of migrated around my head,...I know sounds weird. Now today I'm much better. Why if this thing hasn't gotten any bigger do these symptoms come and go? Anyone else have this? ::)
Lumpy is 1.3cm...am now in W&W mode since Dec. 2009

LizAN

Re: MRI results
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 09:13:31 pm »
Just got my MRI in March and still no growth and no change. Very happy about that  ;D
But I have had an awful winter. Allergy and sinus problems...I will be glad to see the summer.

There is something I don't understand about AN's...why do symptoms come and go? For instance, I would on occasion get the face tingling and it goes away. Yesterday I had it all day and it just sort of migrated around my head,...I know sounds weird. Now today I'm much better. Why if this thing hasn't gotten any bigger do these symptoms come and go? Anyone else have this? ::)

Congrats on the lack of growth, davjack!  Sorry about your rough winter.  My allergies have been worse this year, too.

I have something similar going on with the tingly sensation.  I don't have it on my face, but, when I was first diagnosed, I had it on the affected side between my ear and the top of my head.  In the last week, it has moved over the top of my head and to the back of my head.  At the same time, my tinnitus has worsened to the point that it is grating on my nerves.  From my understanding, trigeminal nerve involvement would show up as facial numbness, not head tingling, so I really don't know what is going on.

Liz
8/20/2010 - 9mm AN on left side 
Fullness, tinnitus, mild hearing loss
2/20/2011 - 8mm
4/20/2012 - 12.4 mm
Moderate to severe hearing loss, LOUD tinnitus, deteriorating balance
Facial numbness and twitching, which subsided pre-surgery
Translab at House, 7/3/2012, Slattery and Schwartz

Suu

• Better out than in.
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 03:17:21 am »
Hi Davjack

Only a couple of days before being diagnosed I was having tingling in my mouth and a little on the side of my face.  Do you know what I put it down to?

Drinking too much Diet Coke!  ;D ;D ;D 

I can only think that the feelings are intermittent as we move and the AN 'rubs' against nerves.  I didn't Google that, it's only a layperson's thought.  ;D

I might Google it later if someone else doesn't and see what I can find out.

I hope all is well with you and you're AN behaves itself and stops right where it is or gets smaller.

Hugs,
Suu xxoo
4cm Left side AN Translab August 18th 2010
Facial nerve not working
Nerve conduction Jan '11 Repeated 23rd May '11
SSD left side
5 ops in 6 weeks to fix CSF leaks
Tarsorrhaphy 9 Mar '11 Extended 26 Aug '13
Sling Thur 16 June '11
12/7 nerve graft 9 Feb '12

lrobie

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 11:02:58 am »
Most of my symptoms come and go.  The reduced hearing and tinnitus is always there, but sometimes the tinnitus gets louder.  I think the Little Bugger just wants to tell me that he's still there.  I have intermittent dizziness.  Sometimes it lasts for several hours and I'm guessing that is what people call wonkiness.  I feel kind of like a bobble-head.  As far as the facial tingling, I get that intermittently too, but I've noticed it a lot more lately and it lasts much longer.  I don't know if he's growing or if he doesn't want me to forget that he's there.

Lisa
6/2009 7mm x 4mm  W&W
8/2011 9.5mm x 5mm
2/2012 UPMC Follow-up , slight growth
Surgery on 7/18/12 w/Drs. Friedman & Schwartz (mid-fossa)
www.caringbridge.org/visit/lisarobie