Author Topic: Numb tongue improvement  (Read 3276 times)

Boppie

Numb tongue improvement
« on: September 03, 2007, 11:02:48 am »
I had a sore spot remaining on the tip of my tongue since surgery 20 months ago.  This week I noticed a big improvement in the sensitivity and a few small twitches in my lip.  This must be related to nerve recovery.  I can even run my tongue around my teeth now, no pain!  Whew! that took a long time.  The red caboose came in, I think.  Pardon me, I am 65.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2007, 11:04:26 am by Boppie »

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
Re: Numb tongue improvement
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 11:47:11 am »
Hi, Boppie:

Congratulations on the abatement of the sore spot on your tongue.  That sounded uncomfortable.   :(

I have a slight, superficially 'numb' spot on the side of my tongue (my 'AN side') that is slowly growing smaller but, fortunately, does not adversely affect my sense of taste or hurt in any way.  I'm also getting some lip twitches that I would swear must be noticeable - they are so distinct - but when I touch my lip (or look in the mirror) nothing is apparent.  I assume this is evidence of nerve regeneration/healing so I'm pleased and hopeful that, as my doctor stated, in time, all of my (mild) AN-related nerve issues will be resolved - naturally - without further medical intervention. 

I remember the children's story of the 'Little Red Caboose' "that always came into the station, last"

I'm 64 and don't apologize for occasionally referencing things from the past that younger folks might not necessarily relate to.  I don't relate to some aspects of today's popular culture, so I consider it all even.   :)   

Jim
4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.

kippy6

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 10:28:00 pm »
So glad to hear about your improvement! It's really amazing they are still rejuvenating at 20 months after surgery! This should give hope for many others out there!
AN surgery July 19, 2006
for 3cm AN and arachnoid cyst (right side)
Translab surgical approach
Dr. Brackmann and Dr. Hitselberger
House Ear Insititute

marg

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 10:35:52 pm »
Hurray for Boppie.  I'm so glad that things continue to get better !   :)
Margaret
Marg 
 4 mm  AN removed .. middle fossa   5/07 OHSU  Dr. Delashaw
AN scraped off facial nerve & balance nerve removed
 MRI  follow up showed AN gone ... thank you God
Some facial paralysis- . SSD weeks after surgery.  Trans-Ear Nov.2007 ... it really helps !