Author Topic: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009  (Read 151530 times)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Save the Date for Chicago ANA Convention August 14-16 2009
« Reply #330 on: May 22, 2009, 09:11:28 am »
DHM,

shame on me for not realizing that you are going to be there! "Pearlies" will be looking forward to finally meeting you :D (as well as everyone else I haven't met yet in person).

This is really turning out to be a wonderful event! So many folks finally get to meet face to face!  I'm so looking forward to it!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #331 on: May 22, 2009, 11:38:09 am »
DHM~
I never said I didn't want to do tea - that's the thing I WANT to do, but I wouldn't be there to participate in it at the time that Kate has it scheduled...

K

This is all a rough draft.
We can change the time. Tea ends at 5.  Based on when you are landing and sharing a cab (2:55), getting your luggage and getting downtown to the hotel, tea didn't work time wise.

When else would you like to do it looking at the symposium schedule? (trying to avoid scheduling it during the symposium)

Nothing is in stone.

Kate
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
@ House Ear Institute with
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

Please visit http://anworld.com/

Kaybo

« Reply #332 on: May 22, 2009, 11:43:51 am »
Kate~
Don't change anything for me - I might "skip out" on some things at the actual Symposium - a LOT of it doesn't really pertain to me since I had surgery SOOOOOOO long ago.  I totally understand the schedule thing, but i am more of a "Fly By the Seat of My Pants" type girl!  ;)

Also, Tim is planning on coming too but I am not sure when arrives and all...we talked about it at dinner the other night, but I have slept since then!  ;D

K
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #333 on: May 22, 2009, 02:37:45 pm »

Me, me I love pirates, too!  But I also love Oprah and would love to visit Harpo Studios.

Capt Deb
[/quote]

http://www.homeandabroad.com/c/3/Site/924_Harpo_Studio_visit.html

Here are the hours!   Looks like it is drop in anytime between 9 and 5...
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #334 on: May 22, 2009, 06:25:23 pm »
Kaybo -

I'm with you on the whole "fly by the seat of your pants" thing.  That's pretty much my style also  ;D

Debbi -

I had forgotten abou the Knickerbocker.  It's a nice hotel - I think you'll like it.  Plus it gives us all another bar to have drinks at  ;)  :D

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

4cm in Pacific Northwest

« Reply #335 on: May 22, 2009, 06:43:23 pm »
How about we all show up adorned in our knitted hats, pearls, and pirate socks and bring Michael Gate Gill along with us – to Oprah’s studio. We can starlight with our special famous New York Times Best Seller author… and perhaps plug the upcoming movie. Maybe Tom Hanks could join us too. Steve can bring his knitting needles…

Now wouldn’t that be a sight! ::)

I’ll bring my teapot and bickies. Michael can fire up a special latte machine… show us how to grind beans...

How about you Pearly Whites- do you have any Marmite on hand. How about some Cross and Blackwell’s mince pies.

What do you think Kay?

We can still have tea (or coffee), be famous, have cake … and eat it too.

DHM   ;)

4cm Left, 08/22/07 R/S 11+ hr surgery Stanford U, Dr. Robert Jackler, Dr. Griffith Harsh, Canadian fellow Assist. Dr. Sumit Agrawal. SSD, 3/6 on HB facial scale, stick-on-eyeweight worked, 95% eye function@ 6 months. In neuromuscular facial retraining. Balance regained! Recent MRI -tumor receded!

Kate B

• AN World
« Reply #336 on: May 23, 2009, 07:32:43 am »
Still More updates!!!   Looks like there has to be a Welcome to Chicago party on Thursday night too! Tell me what date you plan to arrive and what date you plan to leave.  You can post or PM me.  That way we will have the list of people visiting throughout the weekend.

Name       Hotel           Arrival Date                      Departure Date
Marci         Drake              Saturday                       Sunday
Phyl           Drake              Thursday                       Sunday
Kate           Drake             Thursday                        Sunday evening
Jan             Drake             Thursday                       Sunday evening
Clarice        Drake             Thursday                       Sunday
Lori’s  plan (not booked yet)Thursday                      Sunday
Cheryl R      Drake            Thursday                        Tuesday or Wednesday
Meagan       Drake            Thursday                            Sunday
Kay             Drake             Thursday                       Monday
Steve          Drake             Thursday                       Sunday
Samantha     Drake               Thursday                      Sunday
Lilan           commuting             will meet up with us       
Debbi         Knickerbocker   Friday                      Tuesday
Karen          Drake               Friday                  Sunday
Lois                                    Thursday?             Sunday
4cm (Daisy Maizy)                  ?                          ?
Captain Deb
Migoi (Tim)   Drake                      Thursday             Sunday evening
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 07:34:55 am by Kate B »
Kate
Middle Fossa Surgery
November 2001
1.5 right sided AN

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #337 on: May 23, 2009, 08:05:38 am »
Kate -

is that Lois as in "Boppie"?

I hope so.  Boppie if this is you, please bring some pictures of the grandkids.  I'd love to see them.

Jan
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways

lori67

« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2009, 09:12:51 am »
I'm just going to show up with a pirate eye patch, an empty tea cup, an ear plug, my designer "Steve" hat and a camera and wait for people to tell me where I should be and when.   :D  I've never had a problem with people telling me where to go.   ;)

Debbi, is the Knickerbocker within walking distance to the Drake?  I may need to look into that too.

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #339 on: May 24, 2009, 09:33:40 am »
The Knickerbocker is literally within steps of The Drake.

So walking - even for those with wonky-head - shouldn't be an issue  ;D

Your suggested attire should draw lots of looks in The Drake lobby - or anywhere else for that matter, Lori  ;)

Debbi

• Originator of the Magic Scarf
    • Debbi's AN Blog
« Reply #340 on: May 26, 2009, 03:29:05 pm »
I'll meet you in the lobby, too - but I'll be wearing my teapot on my head!!  (Just kidding).  Lori, if you end up staying at the Knick, let me know.  We've got a date for a drink... 

The only thing I have left to do is arrange for an animal-sitter for the critters, and pack.
Debbi - diagnosed March 4, 2008 
2.4 cm Right Side AN
Translab April 30, 2008 at NYU with Drs. Golfinos and Roland
SSD Right ear, Mild synkinesis and facial nerve damage
BAHA "installed" Feb 2011 by Dr. Cosetti @ NYU

http://debsanadventure.blogspot.com

Kaybo

« Reply #341 on: May 26, 2009, 04:12:45 pm »
oh...should I be arranging care for the KIDS and the ANIMALS??? ???

:o
Translab 12/95@Houston Methodist(Baylor College of Medicine)for "HUGE" tumor-no size specified
25 yrs then-14 hour surgery-stroke
12/7 Graft 1/97
Gold Weight x 5
SSD
Facial Paralysis-R(no movement or feelings in face,mouth,eye)
T3-3/08
Great life!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #342 on: May 26, 2009, 07:23:50 pm »
Kate -

is that Lois as in "Boppie"?

I hope so.  Boppie if this is you, please bring some pictures of the grandkids.  I'd love to see them.

Jan

I agree! I hope its Bobbie too!  She is so sorely missed!

Ok, all... been doing some WTT calls and have some noting to me about hotels.  Kate B or Jan or anyone... overflow or cheaper hotels in close proximity to the Drake... anyone? Suggestions? Anyone? Bueller?

thanks!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
« Reply #343 on: May 26, 2009, 08:42:55 pm »
Phyl -

the good folks at the ANA actually got an excellent room rate at The Drake, but from what I've seen through discount hotel sites, the Millenium Knickerbocker is comparable - as are some others.

Basically anything on the Mag Mile (Michigan Avenue) will do.  Hotels range from The Palmer House Hilton to the Doubletree to the Hilton Garden Inn, etc., all the way up to the Four Seasons and the Ritz-Carlton.  You can pretty much find just about anything in your price range.  The discount sites usually have a 4 or 5 star rating system - so if you follow it, you typically can't go wrong.

Jan

LOIS

« Reply #344 on: May 26, 2009, 08:55:19 pm »
 Jan and Phyl,

I dont know who Boppy is.  But sure would like to meet everybody.

Lois
Diagnosed 07/08   1.2 x 1.1 cm. left AN Retosigmoid surgery 08/08 with Dr. Bartels  @ Tampa General Hospital